Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 6 years and sill nothing >

6 years and sill nothing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

6 years and sill nothing

Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 6 years and sill nothing

The problem with passing up perfect opportunities is this: they do not happen often. Unless you are fortunate enough to hunt 4-5 days per week, you may only get 1 or 2 perfect opportunities. Now I'm not saying you won't have any opportunities, but broadside at 20 yards or less is relatively rare for most of us weekend warriors.

Next time, just take the shot...

good luck...
Old 10-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

We knew how you felt Wolfen. All I can say is you're consistant. Just like that ump that blew the call last night... at least he was consistant.[8D] I've come to expect and would really accept nothing less ...OR more from you Wolfen. You are true to your beliefs.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 PM

I am in only my second season, and am up to this point batting a 1000. There's always tomorrow however. Our archery safety instructor told us the average bowhunter tags his or her first deer in their fourth season. So take heart. You are only a few clicks to the right of the center of the curve. You are at least seeing more deer than I am.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:09 PM

I agree, it's not an easy task to take an animal with your bow, you have to be super patient, super ready and super willing.... if one comes close enough to shoot, you should take the opportunity.

By the way, the ump may have blown the call... but the White Sox won... YEAH! That ball didn't touch the dirt, but hey, us White Sox fans will take what we can get, if I were the Angels manager, I'd be infuriated right now and for about the next 10 years, especially if my Sox knock 'em out of the runnings. GO SOX!

[8D]
Old 10-13-2005, 07:32 PM

Practicing from a tree stand or elevated position is a good idea but I cannot agree with aiming 6" low..... practice that shot before you start trying to compensate high or low.....
Old 10-13-2005, 09:00 PM

WOW! You guies rock

TY for all your wisdom. I amto be able to hunt as much as I do. 3-4 times a week. I also feal truly blessed to be able to see so many deer. I started shotgun when I met my husband, I hunted for 2 years I was 7 months pregnant with our first. I went with my husband bow hunting. Just to see what it was like. I hadent been in the woods in 8 yrs. We saw nothing, but on the way out we looked into a field where there were 9 does and on massive buck. It was getting dark so he starts grunting. The buck ALMOSt charged him. He stood his ground and so did the buck. for almost 5 minutes they grunted back and forth. Almost too dark, he pulled back and shot. Later after trailing it for 2 hr and it beimg 11:30 we let him sit overnight. When we came back the next day and found the arrow and not much blood abd after a full day of looking. No buck.

The feelings I felt watching him fool that buck, I will never forget. I started hunting bow 2 years ago this is my 3rd season and I look forward to it every year. Thanks for your advise and wishes.

Oh and wolfen, you will have to immagine what I look like until I get a deer!!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mnhotbabe

Oh and wolfen, you will have to immagine what I look like until I get a deer!!

Oh the pain...good luck to you, get a deer and post some pics!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Mnhotbabe: You could always borrow my plug in photo and insert your face...then we wouldn't have to wait. We want skin...WE WANT SKIN.[8D] Not really, just a picture would do... I've already done the cut for you... just paste in yours. You can even replace my brawny body if you want.

By the way, the ump may have blown the call... but the White Sox won... YEAH!
Don't take me wrong... I loved the call. Go Sox.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:22 PM

At least you are seeing deer. Wait for the perfect shot it will come. www.pbase.com/mlo3135127