Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc.... >

Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

Old 10-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

I can understand that... With my job, I hardly take any time off during and it all accumulates at year end. Then the H/R lady at my company starts telling me to take some vacation days or I'll loose them.

Here it is Oct 12th and I still have this much on the books:

11 days vacation
5 sick days
15 hours of comp time

Okay, so who wants to go hunting with me?

Old 10-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot him at around 8:30. I heard him whacking trees in a 270 degree arc around me for 45 minutes before I got a look at him. I was wearing Advantage(you can see it behind the heart)(wool by the way) I was 20 yards down wind of a trail on a ridge on the South side. I had a 6pack of mini chocolate covered doughnuts and a large cup of coffee from Stop and Go in Greene, New York. Took a shower with Neutragena Unscented soap and washed both of my hairs with it. Used unscented Antiperspirant Deodorant. I WAS wearing Blue Undies, and Green undiesand Black Smart Wool undies. It was colder than heck. I called my buddy on the radio(he was hunting turkeys with a gun) and told him to come and get his deer. I didn't even have to drag the thingy. I did dress it for him because he takes all dang day.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got it... So, I don't need to pay attention to lunar tables and junk. All I have to do is follow this example:

Neutragena unscented soap
unscented deodorant
6 pack of chocolate donuts
large coffee
....and wear blue undies
AND I'LL BAG A BIG ONE WITH A HEART SHOT!

Thank you, David, you da man!

Old 10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

You might also attract a Hot Chick.[8D]
Old 10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started checking the lunar tables with peak times 10 years ago for fishing. At first, I didn't believe in it, but whenever it said the fishing would be good, it was. When it said it would suck, it did. 5 years ago, I started checking it before hunting pheasant & deer. I have yet to see it be wrong for other than storms during peak times. I use it and am happy with it.

Good Luck,

Air Force HUNTER
BTW, try it, you'll like it. (That should be someone's slogan?!?)
Old 10-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

I posted this earlier this year. Excuse the format - it was a .doc and I made it a .jpg to post.

Old 10-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow!!! Nice .doc file / .jpg image that you have mrfritz44. That lays it all out there for anyone/everyone to read and understand. [8D]

My Garmin GPS also has a sun/moon chart and I just found in the "accessories", it has a fish/game chart as well! The 17th - 21st are all listed as excellent and go down to good by the end of the week.

I am taking the 17th off of work, then maybe the 19th or 20th. Then take a bunch of days during the rut. I'll be shooting my bow all the way up to November 19th, when here in VA, general firearms kicks in and I'll put down the bow and pick up the Marlin 30-30.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Is the text readable? I can read it on a 21" monitor, but I know not everyone has one of those. The .doc file really degraded when I converted it.

This board needs a file posting option - not just jpgs and gifs.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read it. Interesting to say the least. I would put stars in the whole month of November here in Kansas. Big bucks on the move.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mrfritz44

Is the text readable? I can read it on a 21" monitor, but I know not everyone has one of those. The .doc file really degraded when I converted it.

This board needs a file posting option - not just jpgs and gifs.
I can read it on a 17" monitor at 1024x768. It's a bit tiny, but readable. I wonder if you could save it as an HTML doc and post it as a hyperlink.

I agree with Motownhonkey.... The month on November looks really good!

Quick Reply: Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.