Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc.... >

Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

Old 10-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lunar tables / best time to hunt / etc....

BUTCH... number 4 is definitely earth shattering. It's simply genius man...simply genius.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I know.... [8D] You just go out and hunt. Kind of like the Nike commercials.. Just do it. But in this case with #4, "JUST HUNT"!!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Hmm...I took my first deer of this year on Oct.8th,at 10:30am. IT is not mentioned as a best time,and is the lowest valued day of the month...however I have seen deer during the other times they have posted.I will admit that I was hunting on a high pressure Muzzleloader hunt,and that very well could have had something to do with his movement.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I knew you guys would appreciate that last one...

But in all ernest, if you want to kill deer you have to be in the woods. The underlying interpretation, of almost all the data compiled by TR, Miller, Marchinton, Ozaga, and Alscheimer all state one simple fact...

Does come into estrus beginning as early as September and will continue to do so until bred. Aggressive mature bucks will seek and can mate with these does ASAP. Hence, you never know when you're going to get a hot doe with a nice buck trailing.

Just so happens that on or about October 15th, or approximately 3 weeks after the Fall equinox, Fall climatic patterns emerge after Indian summer and the weather becomes more predictable. Deer start following their fall trails, and begin to settle into their winter ranges. Hence, patterning can begin for the coming 2 months.

But as a side note the first three rules I posted, on average, will produce more deer sightings. Sightings, however, are not necessarily opportunities...

Old 10-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Hey mrfritz44,
If you need some help with that document, I might be able to give you some tips. For some reason when you make a post on here, it wont let you right click and paste. So you have to use the keyboard shortcut which is Ctrl+V. So you could just highlight all the text in the document in wordpad, or word, or works, or whatever you use, and then go to edit and then go to copy. Then you can go to make a post and write what you need to and then just press Ctrl+V and it should paste everything you need into the posting tool. A s for the calendar, you might be able to copy that and paste it as well, but if not, then you can just use the jpeg for that. Either way it should help. Nonetheless, i can see it alright on my computer, THANKS!!