Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Close But No Cigar >

Close But No Cigar

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Close But No Cigar

Old 10-12-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Close But No Cigar

I went hunting on my friends property with him last night. I sat on the ground and really didn't get settled until about 6:00. Well about dark I was getting ready to leave when I saw him. A nice 150 class buck only 12 yards away. I needed him to go about 5 yards to my right and I could get pulled back and make an easy shot. Well something behind me in the woods fell on the ground and it spooked him. He didn't see me or smell me that I know for sure because he didn't run off, just kind of walked away teasing me with that awesome view of the back of his rack.

My problem.....I now officially have the itch. As if it wasn't hard enough to get through a day of work without being out there.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Close But No Cigar

I soooooo ENVY you guys in Kansas,Iowa,Illinios,etc..LOL Ive never even seen a 130 class buck in Mississippi, of course they are there, but hunting on public land, if i see a 6 point with a 15inch spread i fall apart shaking LOL..anyway i cant blame ya for your itch, i would live and die hunting that buck if i was you.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PatriotDually

I soooooo ENVY you guys in Kansas,Iowa,Illinios,etc..LOL Ive never even seen a 130 class buck in Mississippi, of course they are there, but hunting on public land, if i see a 6 point with a 15inch spread i fall apart shaking LOL..anyway i cant blame ya for your itch, i would live and die hunting that buck if i was you.
I feel the same way!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:17 AM

Patience and Persistance grasshopper, and the buck will be yours.