Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 hanging my stand with difficulty >

hanging my stand with difficulty

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hanging my stand with difficulty

Old 10-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default hanging my stand with difficulty

I have purchased a couple of hang on stands to leave in place for the season.I normally use my Summit Climber but I thought that having something already in place would make things a little easier and quicker when I want to scoot in after work.

My problem is that I am trying to do it by myself and can't quite seem to get a method down that gets the thing in the tree at twenty feet.I am using a set of ladder type steps and find myself doing this with one hand tring to hang the stand and the other hangin on trying not to be a statistic.I am thinking that I need to hang some sort of riggin so I can pull it up from the ground.

Got any tips? Ron
Old 10-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hanging my stand with difficulty

you gotta tie a rope to your stand and haul it up. The best way to do it is if the string is over a branch and then you can tie it off. You've gotta be wearing a safety harness when you're doing it though.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Once you are up there strap yourself to the tree and lean back on your harness. Then pull it up and strap it on. Be careful.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two ways I get them up from the ground. 1- use the belt or chain and put it over your shoulder, like a backpack and climb. 2 - I aways use camo decoy line as a rope for pulling up my bow from the ground. Use that line to lift it from the ground.

The last tip.....many of the good safety harnesess have a "lineman's belt" built into them. this can be useful giving you 2 hands for setting up the stand.

They're kind of tricky until you've done a few. If you use a hang-on like a Chiooewa Wedglok its way easier! Those hang on with one hand in about 4 seconds!

Good Luck!

Old 10-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh one other thing. I have used my climber to hang my chain on stands and that works good to.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Motown, I gave that some though and that my be the way I end up doing it.Thanks, Ron
Old 10-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

A good friend of mine sold some training toteaching a Pole Climbing class. He learned it to bea back up instructor. He said his primary goal besides the money for selling the training was to be able to hang his lock-ons with ease. This post reads exactly how he explained his troubles hanging them. He's pretty pumped up this season to be able to use his hooks and straps to hang the stands. I'll let you know how he makes out.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:17 PM

You could but a screw in step above where you want the stand and hook up a block and tackle. they make any job much easier. I can put up my 18' foot ladder stand alone with it. Brutus hanging stands actually have seperate pieces and have a pulley built right in to the piece that attaches to help bring up the seat and platform part. Its a great stand.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whatever you do wear a safety belt