Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hanging a ladder stand? >

Hanging a ladder stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hanging a ladder stand?

Old 07-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hanging a ladder stand?

How many of you guy's hang ladder stands by yourself? I have a new double stand that is 20 ft. tall and i am going to go hang it this weekend but the thought of climbing it without it being secured kind of makes me nervous. Bringing along someone else is out of the question for me. Are there any tips you can offer to make it safer? I was thinking of attaching my climber to the backside of the tree and climbing up that way to secure the rachet straps.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:08 PM

Default RE: Hanging a ladder stand?

Throw a rope around a high limb, pull the stand to the tree using the rope. Use some muscle and slide it to the proper height. hook a tie down midway up, once thats done go to the top and put up the other two straps. o'l yea, wear a safety belt. then remove the middle support/or leave it.good luck
Old 07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

We have several double stands, and what works the best is to take an extension ladder out there. I always put the stand up against the tree and fasten the stabilizer bar, and then put the extension ladder on the back side of the tree and fasten the rest of the stand from there. The extension ladder is kind of a pain to drag around, but it sure makes things easier and a whole lot safer. Good Luck.

Dan

P.S. After you hunt out of those double stands you won't want to hunt out of anything else.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM

When I do it myself I use my 4 wheeler and winch to help get it up there and also hold tension on it while I am making my way up to strap it.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do-I do.....put them together and walk em up but the two seater I have gets to be a challange one in a while by my self but I do the same,walk it up with a few choise words in there.
I hunt alone so I rely on no one to do these things with me....
Old 07-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

with it being the big of a stand, and that high up, i would have two men there to hang it. much easier
Old 07-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

These are all great ideas fellas, keep em comin.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Two guys are the best way, but you said out of the question. Most comercial ladder stands come with two very long straps attached to the back of the platform. Once you lean the stand in place you grab the two straps and pull them behind the tree and cross them like an X and bring them back to the ladder and tie them off to help support the stand until you climb up and cintch it down. Be careful by all means!!!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick
Two guys are the best way, but you said out of the question. Most comercial ladder stands come with two very long straps attached to the back of the platform. Once you lean the stand in place you grab the two straps and pull them behind the tree and cross them like an X and bring them back to the ladder and tie them off to help support the stand until you climb up and cintch it down. Be careful by all means!!!
What Bloodcrick said and make sure you have the brace in place that goes between the ladder and the tree or the ladder may bend / give way when you start climbing . Have the ropes tied to the platform and crossed behind the tree and tied off . Nothing worse than climbing the ladder to fasten the platform to the tree and have it start moving away from the tree with you on it and 15" up in the air !!!
Git'r done !
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

with it being the big of a stand, and that high up, i would have two men there to hang it. much easier
X2......... with it being a 2 man stand....... why can't you take another man and make it secure with 2 men? Personally I put all my ladder stands out with 2 men....... alot safer and I still wear a safe-T harness

Quick Reply: Hanging a ladder stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.