Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Numbering" your arrows..... >

"Numbering" your arrows.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Numbering" your arrows.....

Old 10-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default "Numbering" your arrows.....

So I was sitting at work the other day and was thinking to myself "I have to number my arrows tonite so I can keep track of them for broadhead shooting." I was already sighted in, and had a few new ones just fletched up that needed numbers. I then came up with this stupid idea of naming my hunting arrows instead of numbering them. I named one of them Batman, one of them Mustang (after my 87 Gt mustang), another one Daisy (after Daisy Duke of course) and another one MOAB, after the big bomb the US military made at the beginning of the Iraq war. I thought it was a fun way to keep track of my arrows, and get a laugh out of my buddies. I actually think they are mad because they didn't think of it first...

Am I the onlyidiot that does this? Or am I starting a trend? Or do I have to much free time on my hands because I'm newly single after being miserable for a few years with a nagging PITA...[8D]
Mikey
Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM

Default RE: "Numbering" your arrows.....

I kind of do this. I don't name or number them, I just know which ones are which. Like the one I mostly use has 3 smudge marks down on the end of it and another one has some brown on the fletchings and another one has a little scrape in it. That's how I keep track of which arrows are which.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:56 PM

I know a few people who name their arrows, personally I just stick to numbering them.

How many of you come out with a favorite arrow every year? I know I do this. It's the arrow I always shoot first, it's the one that always comes out of the quiver first when Im on stand.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Am I the onlyidiot that does this?
Yep.......it's just you.

I have enough trouble coping when my simple "#1" bites the dust.......I'd about have to have a funeral if the thing had a name.

I went to a big 3D tounament this year and robinhooded my #1 arrow with the #2 arrow on the first round of warm ups and about had a meltdown, I could only imagine the crowd staring if I yelled...."Oh my god FRED!!!"
WIth #1 it's a simple wimper and move on (The same reason you don't name the veal calf "Skippy")
Old 10-06-2005, 09:06 PM

ORIGINAL:

I have enough trouble coping when my simple "#1" bites the dust.......I'd about have to have a funeral if the thing had a name.
I'm exactly the same way. Whenever I'm out practicing, if I lose an arrow I get really pissed and just quit for a few days.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude, that sounds like and incredibly awesome idea, and if you don't mind I'm going to start implementing it. That is one of the coolest things I've heard of in a long time. AWESOME POST DUDE!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Have a blast Bowtech die hard!

My favorite arrow this year is actually an arrow numbered "66", I kinda like that song with the lyrics "get your kicks on route 66." I broke my only # 1 out of the dozen CX 200's arrows last year when my 7 pt. ran away with it. It was the 4th deer I shot with it that year between PA and WV. I was crushed when I found it in 2 pieces along the blood trail. I took the broadhead and knock out of it and transferred it to another one....and called it 66. Took 2 more with it that season, and it's still the the go-to gun of the quiver. As for the 2 pieces of the broken old #1, they are glued to the antler plaque.......

I really really hope that one day this season, I get to radio my buddy and say "hey man, I just smasheda nicebuck with Daisy." And I know he'll answer back with "what the h@ll you talkin' about??"
Old 10-06-2005, 10:13 PM

Washington Hunter: I do have a certain arrow that I always get out the quiver first except for tonight when it fell to the ground and I had to go to the next best.

Last year I put the opening date on one of my arrows so if I killed one I would have the season opener date on it.
If I kill one this year, I am going to put the date which I shot the animal on the arrow if I can find it and start a collection.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am I the onlyidiot that does this? Or am I starting a trend?
Nahh , I think you're the only idiot that does it.

It is pretty funny.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

No i dont

Quick Reply: "Numbering" your arrows.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.