Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climber Tree Stand Help!! >

Climber Tree Stand Help!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber Tree Stand Help!!

Old 09-29-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Climber Tree Stand Help!!

I have a Rivers Edge Hawk TC-4000 sit down stand up climber and have gotten real good with it but was wondering if anyone here knows how to adjust the bottom platform while climbing. Everyone knows that most trees narrow the higher you go, therefor I start out at the base of the tree locked in on the 4th to 6th hole depending on the width of the tree at the base. There must be a way to climb and adjust the bottom platform with out losing the cable around the opisite of the tree, that wouldnt be a good thing. Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way the cables are held in with a coupler pin, picture below.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Climber Tree Stand Help!!

Can't you just start at the bottom of the tree with the front edge about 6" higher than the rear where it contacts the tree? That's what I do with my Summit climber and it levels out great as you go up and the tree narrows.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 AM

yes, that is what i do also in my ol'man climber, it works fine that way for me

Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Fork Horn

I bought a new climber this year and tried to adjust it on one of my first climbs. The tree was really big on the bottom and narrowed down quick. The first time I climbed the tree I attached both stand parts with the normal 6" upward angle. I climbed 20' up and both parts were leaning down really sharp to where I slid down each time I moved. I didn't feel comfortable and was glad the stand had a metal railing in front. The next night I brought the cable in another hole but realized I needed to go two holes. I was about three feet off the ground and adjusted the top climber. I tried to adjust the bottom one and it dropped to the ground as soon as I pulled the pin. Luckily I was only three feet and could drop down and adjust it. DON'T TRY TO ADJUST THE BOTTOM CLIMBER WHILE IN THE TREE!!!!!!!![:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-29-2005, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

No men don't pull any pins when your up in the tree. You should of had a rope connecting the top to the bottom. Find a better tree.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

No men don't pull any pins when your up in the tree. You should of had a rope connecting the top to the bottom. Find a better tree.
Don't worry...I have a strap connecting the two climbing pieces together. I learned that lesson on the first climber I built 20 years ago. I was up 15' and dropped the bottom section. Luckily my dad was there (we were testing out our design in the yard) and could push the climber back up to me. I climbed down and tied a rope to it right then.

The tree is the only climbable one on this particular trail. The tree is fine, I just have to tilt the stand at a steep angle before I climb.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

The tree is fine, I just have to tilt the stand at a steep angle before I climb.
Sometimes, trial and error is the only way to do it.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dont get me wrong here but when i adjust the stand at the base of the tree i make sure its leaning pretty good wich normall allows me to get up to about 15 -18 feet but sometimes it woudl be nice to get a bit higher, im not stupid enough to pull pins while climbing unless its on the seat section.