Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How to load a deer on a suv by yourself? >

How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?

Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM

Default RE: How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?

Tie a rope around the front and back legs. Toss the excess over the top of the truck and pull.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Take two chunks of rope tie one off to the back legs and the other to the front legs. Stand on your roof and muscle itup their it would take some work but shouldnt be to bad but the tree ideal would work a little smoother if you can back under a tree.
JOE
Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Site Bouncer

I would just lift it up there....Being able to bench press over 500lbs does have it's advantages

Old 10-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy a pick-up!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:56 PM

Original post "I am not worried about scratching the truck so dont let that stop you from telling me a secret loading option.I cant load the deer on the hood either because I drive 1 1/2 hours to where I am hunting"

This is simple if you can get the deer up on the hood. I would just slide it right on up over the windsheild onto the roof and back to the rack. Unless it is a real big deer this should be no problem. Just make sure you ahve a way to wash the windsheild before driving.
The PA buck I killed last year was in the 185lb range and it was tough to get him up on the tailgate of my F350 4X4. If my son was not there I'm not sure I could have got it done.

Old 10-04-2005, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been there, done that. My SUV is also my wifes daily driver so after greasing up a couple on her I learned to be a bit more careful. Make yourself a short ladder about 6 Ft long out of 2x4s ( I use the ladder from my tree stand). You then tie the deers head to the top of the ladder and just lean it up against the roof rack from the side, then push it up. The ladder will take the load and prevent the deer from flopping around. You'll have that deer up in 30 seconds easily by yourself.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:00 AM

if your blazer happen to have the spar tire mount on the back then what we use to do was take a tarp or a burlap bag anything we had to keep sum of the dirt off from it and put it inbetween the tire and the back hatch on our bronco and we would pick the deers upper half up and lay it on the tire and grab it by the back half and push it up there then we would just take and tie it off to the tire or the trailor hitch if you have one i have loaded a 175lb do by doin this it may take a min till you get used to it but it works also the tree thing works another thing you could do if you wanted was get sum rollers like you would fine on a boat trailor and weld up a thing or make sumthing to hold a boat winch on the front of the truck so it sticks up almost even with the roof and take to rollers and put on on the front and one on the back and just whinch the deer up there

lol never done that one just thought about it should work tho

Old 10-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot small deer!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:06 PM

If you must put in on the roof, maybe concider wrapping in in a tarp first to cover it up. I believe it's not legal to transport a deer that way.

Another trick to hauling it INSIDE the truck costs a total of $12 at Walmart. I bought a children'splastic snowsled and a tarp. Iputthe deer in the sled and dragit out on the sled. The plasticslides easier than fur. I line the back of my SUV with a tarp and put the deer/sled in the back.The sled has 4-5inchhigh sides onit so most of the blood stays in the sled. The tarpis extra insurance. If it is warm weather, I put 2 bags of ice in the deer and the sled catches any water as the ice melts.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:09 PM

bend down man up and give her hell.

Quick Reply: How to load a deer on a suv by yourself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.