Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 IL. res. archery tags >

IL. res. archery tags

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IL. res. archery tags

Old 09-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default IL. res. archery tags

went to get mine tonight. they asked to see my hunting lic. (have to put that # on tag), and my drivers lic. not a problem but WTF? does this mean no drivers lic./no tag?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IL. res. archery tags

Just a way to prove your legal residency. I don't remember buying a hunting license that they didn't put your drivers license on the hunting license.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

i dont remember ever putting my dl # on my tag. what about those w/o dl?
Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

the guy told me why he wanted mine: to get my address off of instead of having me dictate it to him.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 PM

Yeah, when I went and got my ytags they asked for my all taht stuff and I didn't have it... Had to turn around, drive home, and bring them back to get the stuff. I always do my generaly liscense and stuff over the internet so I can't even remember what they asked me on that except address and stuff like that... Don't know why they needed my DL for the deer tag and not for a the general fishing and hunting..

My guess is that if you don't have a DL you could get by with a state ID or something else... If you are a underage person with neither it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you could use your legal guardians or something like that... I will need to ask that to the shop owner next time I go in.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your under 16 you dont have to worry about filling it in but i jus dont understand why they need it because i sure dont know mine off hand so i had to just fill it in later the guy told me because i didnt have it with me.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 PM

I am looking at mine and I had to give it to them also.I have no clue why.I guess it is to make sure we are legal residence of Illinois.It is also a way for them to track who is killing deer and who isnt I guess.I agree it shouldnt matter.I dont have my DL at this time damn DUI but I gave them the info anyways.I just happen to know my DL# by heart.it also helps that our local bank issues the tags for us.All the hunters here in this town and the Owner and his son are big hunters also.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

They have asked for mine for years. They usually just copy the address of of it and that is all. It would be a little easier to fake an address on your hunting license than it would be on your drivers license. So I can see why they ask for it.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:58 AM

They do the same thing here in IN and MI also (driver's license needed to show proof of residency)