Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Snicker's Ad = Dumb Looking Hunters? >

Snicker's Ad = Dumb Looking Hunters?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snicker's Ad = Dumb Looking Hunters?

Old 09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Snicker's Ad = Dumb Looking Hunters?

I agree I thought it was dumb,and stereotypical.Almost makes me not want to eat snickers...boycott anyone?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:33 PM

I thought it was pretty funny in a stupid way. They probably didn't mean to have people interpret it the way it did, but it does kind of make you think.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

How 'bout the one where the guy finds a couch on fire, runs into the hall, busts out the glass on the fire alarm, grabs a Snickers out of the box, runs back to the room and throws the candy bar on the couch. Whereon the entire room bursts into flames and the guy goes running down the hall like a girlie-girl, screaming. Then the "it's only satisfying if you eat it" slogan.

You guys reckon they were taking dirty shots at fire alarm boxes too?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:46 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

I am surprise they figure that commercial would sell more snickers for them to what ever group they were marketing for. It was beyond stupid. Mountain men?? I was thinking nerds out hunting and did get a laugh out of that idea. Just a dumb commercial.

Tim
Old 09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe if we see it as another silly commercial....stop.....like other silly commercials...stop...when you take it personal ...youempower it...stop....too much thinking about nothing ...when we could be solving more important quality of life issues.. Somethings in life are just.......... there...like commercials
Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

How 'bout the one where the guy finds a couch on fire, runs into the hall, busts out the glass on the fire alarm, grabs a Snickers out of the box, runs back to the room and throws the candy bar on the couch. Whereon the entire room bursts into flames and the guy goes running down the hall like a girlie-girl, screaming. Then the "it's only satisfying if you eat it" slogan.

You guys reckon they were taking dirty shots at fire alarm boxes too?
I missed your reply. I haven't got to see that one. That one sounds funny. Still stupid but funny!! I could enjoy eating a snickers while watching it.

Tim
Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 PM

I had no idea what it was supposed to mean until you guys explained it.
It's still kind of silly.
When I saw it the first time, I was watching it thinking "what is this an ad for," then I saw the snicker part, and then I thought "what the hell was the point of that." Marketing was not my favorite subject, I have to think that the snickers people are counting on the "huh what was that factor." because thats about all those commercials are good for.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you Arthur....but i do take a Snickers with me hunting!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

KILL MORE......THINK LESS.........KILL MORE......KILL MORE
Have you at any time had the lead role in a murder movie. Man all you ever say is KILL, DIE, SHOOT...what gives?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still laugh every time I see that commercial - makes me think of primitive hunting. I hadn't really thought about it putting hunters in a bad light - to busy laughing

Quick Reply: Snicker's Ad = Dumb Looking Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.