Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help me tighten my groups (horizontally) >

Help me tighten my groups (horizontally)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me tighten my groups (horizontally)

Old 10-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Help me tighten my groups (horizontally)

This is a form problem.

When I grip my bow I always shoot right; when I fail to follow through I shoot left. I use a wrist sling and it makesa a huge difference. I would switch from fingers to a release.

In terms of general follow through; Bend the elbow of the arm that holds the bow [to prevent string slap] creating pressure in the web between the thumb and first finger then phyiically keep tewnsion [pull] on the string. When you release the string hand/arm should move to the rear. Then don't move till after you hear the shot hit the target.

Bowhunter
Old 10-02-2002, 09:32 PM

Default RE: Help me tighten my groups (horizontally)

i think chief headhunter is correct. when i had the same problem, i put a sling on and started shooting with all four fingers pointing in the same relative direction as my tarrget. the problem i had with a closed relaxed grip is that when you let an arrow go, you have a tendancy to flinch, even though you dont notice it. i dont want to step on anyones toes. there may be some truth to the other's advice, but i think the sling will do wonders for your problem.

HUNT SAFE