Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i got ripped off(venting) >

i got ripped off(venting)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i got ripped off(venting)

Old 09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default i got ripped off(venting)

im pissed off.. i go to the local bowshop ..the one i dont like
because there rude... and i decided to give them a second chance because i needed a new loop.5:30 comes around i go back he tells me the loopi gave him is to small and he put one of his on..no problem i get my bow shoot the 3-d after im done shooting i go to cash out my total 15 bucks[:@][:@]
10 for the 3-d ..not bad but 480 something for a string loop..are you kidding
Old 09-17-2005, 08:52 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Default RE: i got ripped off(venting)

Anytime I've bought a package of two loops from a shop they've been $4 something. The last time I went in to buy one, all the shop had was single-loop packages and they were nearly $5.

I have seen it, though, where a shop will just give you the loop AND install it for free.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourself a favor and learn to tie the loop. It's really not hard to do and will save you money. Besides, if that loop comes off while you're in the field or on a trip you can save yourself alot of aggrevation.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:04 AM

That sucks that you got ripped off. I would do what JeremyK said larn to tie your own.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:24 AM

A string loop around here costs $5. If you wait until after season the string loops at Wal-Mart are $1 for three.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

The bow shops that I have been to usually puts a loop on for $5.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:46 AM

Guess I am lucky in that the bow shop I go to is beyond good. They are all friendly and all shoot alot. There costs are higher than Wally world, but even though I did not purchase my bow from them. Any service I have done is Free. They only charge if I buy a part and even then sometimes it has been free. I lost a retaining clip in my lower limb a week be before season ( luckily I saw it ) I took it to Curtis and 1 minute latter, new clip, double checked tiller and made sure all else was still good to go. Probably a total of 10 minutes he spent on it, but when I asked, "how Much I owe Ya?" he said nothing' and Good luck next week. In return I send them as much business as I can. sometimes you get what you pay for. But in your case you are getting high prices and lousy service. Sorry to hear it. No other place you can go Huh?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took it to Curtis and 1 minute latter, new clip, double checked tiller and made sure all else was still good to go.
You wouldnt happen to be talking about Spark's, in Martinsburg, WV would you?

From that post, and by the poacher one you made, it sounds like you are around my hometown of Martinsburg.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:44 PM

well my bow shop is pretty good about helpin me out with my bow..there a little spendy on some stuff but they do it all for free when i need help..
Old 09-17-2005, 12:50 PM

yeah wow thats a horrible price. i would of done it myself or brought it to gander mtn. they usually put them on for free as long as you bought the loop there. how did u shoot in the3-d

Quick Reply: i got ripped off(venting)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.