Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i got ripped off(venting) >

i got ripped off(venting)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i got ripped off(venting)

Old 09-17-2005, 09:51 PM

Default RE: i got ripped off(venting)

Check out this site for instructions on tying a string loop:

http://www.alseaintegration.com/ptc/string_loop.htm

There are also six short video clips on the bottom of the page. The clips show a man tying a string loop.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigrax..wat ru talking about.. i shot with you
Old 09-18-2005, 06:18 PM

I buy my loop material for $1/ft. That comes out to about $.25 per loop. Plus I don't think you got ripped off that bad. If people are too lazy to learn something that takes 2 min. to put on they should have to pay for it.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:06 PM

my proshop puts on loops free. He just has a big spool of material, cuts it to size, and puts them on, no charge as long as you're buying crap from him.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you kidding? Anyone in business knows that there must be some minimum charge for anything done for the customer. Do you realize the rent and overhead required to run a business? Free enterprise doesn't constitute free service. I would gladly pay $5 for that.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Screw the darned loops get one of them stainless steel release knock thingies like i have, theyll last a lifetime. Keepan eye on the crews once in a while to make sure they arent comming loose.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is terrible... but the small biz guy gotta eat too.. I dont use loops...just one more thing to go wrong ...Like was suggested.. . do it yourself and save
Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

rack tracker if your dying know im 15 and washdishes 2 nights a week and 5 bucks is pocket channge to me... just the fact that it cost so much for a piece of string
Old 09-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not just a piece of string. Time spent on the customer and expertise and time to put it on. Plus the fact that if you don't like it for some reason, now the guy is obligated to make you happy as a customer. Not a perfect world we live in here youngin. If it were, bows would be free and so would we be....free to go hunting every darned day.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

Do yourself a favor and learn to tie the loop. It's really not hard to do and will save you money. Besides, if that loop comes off while you're in the field or on a trip you can save yourself alot of aggrevation.
Learn how to do all of your setup yourself and you will be better off. My next purchase may be a bowpress where I can change my own strings and cables. The rest I do myself.

Quick Reply: i got ripped off(venting)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.