Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ethical/Legality? >

Ethical/Legality?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethical/Legality?

Old 09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ethical/Legality?

That's crazy. Sure I'd go get the deer. We own leased land and it happed to us. A guy shot a deer, it ran over on us and down the mountain and fell dead in the river. I helped the gu gut and drag it. We're all on the same team if you know what I mean.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:52 PM

altho i do not agree with the land owner and think he should be taken out of the gene pool i respect his wishes i would still ask but in the end he is the one who paid for the land and pays the taxes i wouldnt want anyone telling me what i could do with my land i wouldnt want people on my land without permission either
Old 09-15-2005, 07:16 PM

It looks bad in writing, but if you know where the deer is, and the guy's just being a moron I'd just look both ways and hop the fence. You would think that even though they can do that, if you've killed the deer and it's close to the fenceline, what's the harm? If I shoot the deer and I know where it is, I'm going to get the deer probably no matter what, I'm just looking for their blessing. Hahaha I'd be careful doing that though.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowhuntinoh

he should be taken out of the gene pool
yeah that's true but i don't believe they've started selling j#ck#ss tags yet.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:25 PM

If you don't like the laws in your area do something to change them. In this case I don't agree with the landowner but you have to respect his/her wishes. If someone came to me for permission not only would I give it to them but I would do whatever I could to help them find it. I've had this happen once and even when they gave up on the deer I stayed on it and eventually found it for them. They were thrilled and I know if I ever need their help I'm going to get it.On the other hand, if I found someoneon myhunting land who knows damn well where he's at, I'd be pissed. You can't just pick and choose what laws you're going to follow just because some suit your needs and some don't.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 PM

here in south dakota if you shoot a deer on hunting land then runs onto private property and dies you can call a CO and they will go and let you get your deer that you shot
Old 09-15-2005, 07:42 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

What are you from the land of OZ orNeverland ? Ever here of a realator.
Here in PA it starts like this.
Get up . Go to School. Get a job . Buy land!
I cann't spell it out for you any simpler.
I don't usually pick out one person and go at them like this, but in this case i can't help myself.

- I have never "here of a realator" before.
&
-Obviously you"cann't spell it out any simpler".

Need I even comment any further?

This must be a joke right? Or another possibility is that you're 12. You are exactly the kind of person that give hunters a bad name.
__________________________________________________ _____________

But back to the question at hand, I believe that if you shoot a animal legally/ethically, on your property or at a public spot, that you should be able to go and retrieve your animal no matter where it ends up. Period! I don't see the need for four pages of discussion. It is a easy black/white matter that is easy to judge which side is correct and ethical.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't like the laws in your area do something to change them. In this case I don't agree with the landowner but you have to respect his/her wishes.
Exactly tech29er!

For those of you that are willing to break trespass laws in order toget your deer are there any other laws you would be willing to break to get your deer?
Old 09-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey matt you are more than welcome to poach my deer.What happens to your azz after you pouch my deer is up to me. Got Bahls
Old 09-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Hey bawanajim...

You fellin ok dude? You might have a little rage you need to take out on a wood post or something. Good gosh man! Chill out a bit.

Quick Reply: Ethical/Legality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.