Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this animal?  Game cam pic >

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Old 09-08-2005, 08:49 AM

Default RE: What is this animal? Game cam pic

Come on guys. Its a bobcat, unless its a cougar cub with a cutoff tail. I don't care how "out to the side the tail appears" the tail of a cougar/mt. lion is nearly as long as its body. I can clarly see the little pointy hairs on the tops of ears. All animals are not cut from an identical mold> just like people they can look slightly different. All human dont' look the same. Does that mean they're not human. Maybe its a barred owl...uh I mean hawk
Old 09-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I enlarged the picture...I've got to agree with it being a bobcoug....Notice how slim the body is? The pictures posted earlier of bobcats have a hairy stomach where this one is smooth. Also notice the face...that looks like a cougar face....but the ears and the tail look like they are black tipped....I don't know...I still say it is a bobcoug

Old 09-08-2005, 09:10 AM

check it out this way.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Fork Horn

Ok the bigger pic does bring a new look to it, Now Iam thinking that we are all nuts and it's a unicorn,,,J/K The more I look at this thing The harder it is to tell what it might be, maybe a crossbread? Could that even be possible,, If it's a bobcat that thing is huge,, But I do notice the black tips now, then again the body is pretty sleak, and the head is rounded like a cougar, we need more pics!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Can I see some spots on the side in the larger pic? Now I'm leaning toward a Bobcat. Heck I don't no[&:]
Old 09-08-2005, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

wow, this is confusing, a tail not quite like a bobcat or a cougar, a body somewhat like a cougar. Ears are rounded.

Itsa house cat? lol jk, but I still don't have a logical answer, maybe take it to the DNR and see what they say.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bowfreak4life

That would be a Mountian lion/ Cougar, where was that pic taken? To big to be a bobcat, and the tail is to long and the head is to rounded to be a bobcat..A bob cats ears are more pointed and a cougar they are more rounded... The first pic is a bobcat and the second is a Mt lion also notice the fur a cougars fur is more sleak and the bobcats is moer fluffy, Deffently a Mt.lion

I don't think it's that big. Look at the salt block in front of it. That block is probaly what, 8 inches wide by 2.5 - 3 inches tall?
Old 09-08-2005, 09:58 AM

I still say mountain lion.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

If that's a cougar then it's a cub , look at the scale between it and everything else .
Old 09-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

To me it looks like its more on the Cougar/Mountain Lion side with a possible broken tail. The shoulders are awfully broad for a bobcat and the ears really arent shapped like thoes of a bobcat. I think you gots your self a female mountain lion there bud.

Quick Reply: What is this animal? Game cam pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.