Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you care how "easy" your hunting is? >

Do you care how "easy" your hunting is?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you care how "easy" your hunting is?

Old 09-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Do you care how "easy" your hunting is?

ORIGINAL: njbuck22

That is a problem that i love having.
Me too!!!..........I love that I have this farm to hunt. Some people are having trouble with basic reading comprehension around here by the looks of some of the replies.

The only bad part about that place is that only my friend and I have permission to go there..............and the owner is VERY uptight about it. Most of the time I go hunting I have at least one brother with me and usually both of them. My days at that farm were limited last year because I would rather hunt other places with my brothers then hunt there alone.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

When you are used to not even seeing deer for days at a time and then you go to a place that has numerous deer trotting and offering more shot opportunities then you have tags for on a daily basis............What would you call that?? It doesn't take a whole lot of thinking to realize one is easier then the other.
Sure thatscenario of hunting is easier. What kind of question is that? But with that type of environment, guys seem to change their game plan from brown it's down to hunting specific animals because they like a challenge. You like the challenge of hunting that otherland because every deer you shoot is tough and it means more. Try to shoot nothing than 3 1/2 or older doe or 4 1/2 and older bucks. See how easy you find that.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 PM

"When did I ever refer to the deer I hunt as "inferior"?? "

When you posted some pictures of some screwy racked deer that your family had killed off your hunting land a while back !!

As far as having you confused..............have you ever done a search on yourself and seen how many people say the same thing about you ??? I would think it would be enlightening for most folks.........for you......I doubt it !! I guess I'll stop by next year and catch up on how bad you got it (even when it's good) and how awesome it is for everyone else !! Good luck to you !!

[blockquote]
[/blockquote]
Old 09-08-2005, 12:57 PM

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

When you posted some pictures of some screwy racked deer that your family had killed off your hunting land a while back !!
Are you sure I called the deer I hunt "inferior"..........doesn't sound like something I would say.

As far as having you confused
I am not confused...............perhaps you are.

I guess I'll stop by next year and catch up on how bad you got it (even when it's good) and how awesome it is for everyone else !! Good luck to you !!
Did I ever say I had it "bad"??...........hunting the high pressure public battlegrounds is harder for sure but that is not exactly news.

See ya next year

[blockquote]
[/blockquote]
[/quote]
Old 09-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Fork Horn

Whining about the hunting being too easy, and too many deer!

Do you know how many people hunt all day or even all weekend, and not see a deer, or at least not within range.

What's next... "I make too much money, and my job is too easy, blah blah blah."

Of all the things to bitch about, having too easy of a hunt, has got to be one of the lamest..
Old 09-08-2005, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Dampland

Whining about the hunting being too easy, and too many deer!
Didn't whine........never said there were too many deer.........too easy?? With a gun there IMO yes it is and I passed on it........is that a crime?

Do you know how many people hunt all day or even all weekend, and not see a deer, or at least not within range.
You are talking to one right now. 2 years ago I could count the TOTAL number of deer I saw on one hand and that was hunting hard for about 40 days total. It is MUCH more common for me to see nothing for days on end then to see deer every time on stand........that's what makes this place seem like taking candy from a baby.

What's next... "I make too much money, and my job is too easy, blah blah blah."
I do make way too much money and my job is simple..........and about to get easier.

Of all the things to bitch about, having too easy of a hunt, has got to be one of the lamest.
No one is bitching............read the thread and you would know that.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

But I got to say this is hillarious to me ...... after "all" of those posts about other people having great land.........and how crappy your land always was ..........that when you finally get a descent place to hunt youkill a couple of young bucksand then step back and call it "too easy" !!LMAO

Wow .....that one has made me smile for the day.....thanks Atlas !!
That was an HNI instant classic there! I LMAO when I read that
I couldn't have said it any better myself
Old 09-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do make way too much money and my job is simple..........and about to get easier.
Too bad you couldn't buy a personality with that extra cash.......
Joking of course
Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 PM

"Didn't whine........never said there were too many deer.........too easy?? With a gun there IMO yes it is and I passed on it........is that a crime? " -Atlasman

"Some rustling to my left got my attention and it was a buck moving through the scrubby brush from my left to right at about 40 yards. I squat down and rest my 870 on my Summit rail and wait for him to get in the clear..........his path is leading right into a perfect open lane. He only has about 3 more steps to take and I decide like a moron that I am not comfortable enough. I move just a smidge and my Summit seat scrapes my back or stand or something and makes a noise [] Of course the buck freezes and is staring a hole right through me now. I have my crosshairs on the base of his neck and the stare down continues. A good minute and a half later he decides I am nothing and takes a couple more steps......BANG!! He dropped in his tracks like a ton of bricks and didn't even kick. Cool. I aim double lung always so mydeer usually run a few yards and then pile up.......not him.

I call my bros and dad and tell them he is down and I can see him 40 yards right in front of me so no point in getting down. We all get back to hunting and I am not even really paying attention when 20 minutes later I look to my left again and see 2 does coming up the hillside and heading right for the path the buck took. I get down again and ready for a shot when it appears they went left instead of right so I don't care cause my dad will get them. I guess they were just hanging out because they did walk out on the same path as the buck but only one gave me a shot. I shot her as she smelled the downed buck [&:] She mule kicked and ran about 50 yards and fell over. Cool.

I misjudged the doe and she had some ground shrinkage when I went and got her

Just a little less meat I guess

I said if I got 3deer this year I would grind a whole one up because I always run out of burger first and way too many people ask me for jerky these days. I will introduce that doe to my new LEM grinder later tonight

An hour later my brother shot a big doe. Great day.......3deer in the truck. Only bad part is I am sitting here typing instead of hunting. " -Atlasman

Yep.......it appears you were passin' them up left and right!!
That was last year wasn't it ?
Last time I remember a 870 didn't shoot arrows.........but maybe I am wrong !!
Old 09-08-2005, 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Xtec Shooter

When you are used to not even seeing deer for days at a time and then you go to a place that has numerous deer trotting and offering more shot opportunities then you have tags for on a daily basis............What would you call that?? It doesn't take a whole lot of thinking to realize one is easier then the other.
Sure thatscenario of hunting is easier. What kind of question is that? But with that type of environment, guys seem to change their game plan from brown it's down to hunting specific animals because they like a challenge. You like the challenge of hunting that otherland because every deer you shoot is tough and it means more. Try to shoot nothing than 3 1/2 or older doe or 4 1/2 and older bucks. See how easy you find that.

Not interested. All the neighbors slaughter everything in the woods come gun season. I am not passing on bucks all year just to let someone else shoot them. The 6 point I saw was the first buck I saw there and I killed it............I saw nothing any bigger, older or better the rest of the year.

No sense waiting on something that isn't there.

Quick Reply: Do you care how "easy" your hunting is?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.