Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck of a lifetime, then quit? >

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Old 08-25-2005, 11:33 AM

Default RE: Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

i would rather shoot does every year then to give up hunting. what would i have to look forward to every year?
Old 08-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'd be financially set for life, better believe I would.
How many of you would actually turn down the freedom of being financially set for life? You can get endorsements by just about any outdoors company. Be on the pro staffs of many. And I'm pretty sure that I could get paid to go fishing around the world if one of these "sponsers" wanted me on tv bad enough.

And the way things are going now, you'd better be pretty well off if you want to hunt any land that has a deer larger than 75 lbs.

Don't get me wrong.. I love and am obsessed with hunting. However, I'm even more obsessed with fishing and competitive shooting.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope. I hunt for meat, not antlers. I appreciate a nice rake (he he, what warm blooded American guy doesnt) but that is not my first priority. I also hunt for the peace and solitude of being in the great out doors. A bad day of hunting is better than most all other days.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 PM

I am with the majority, I would not give it up.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

hell no!! i'd rather shoot small does for the rest of my life rather than never hunt again
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

How many of you would actually turn down the freedom of being financially set for life?
i would not call never being able to hunt freedom, and i think you may be putting to much emphasis on the money, i don't hun't for the money, i hunt for the enjoyment, being financially set would be meaningless if i couldn't enjoy life, i mean deer season rolls around and all your buddies are going, and your not[&o]plus all of a sudden someone kills a "new record" and now some of the shine has been worn off, yes i love to fish and if i had to give up one it would probably be the hunting for the simple fact that i can fish 24/7, but i wouldn't willingly give on either!!!

have a good one, keith
Old 08-25-2005, 06:49 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

At first I thought no way.....BUT if I only have to give up DEER hunting, and can still write my own ticket to huntfor elk, moose, antelope, bear, boars, bou, etc etc, IWILLtake that deal. Because unless I hit the lottery I'm never going to be able to hunt all those other critters.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

AS SOME OF YOU GUYS MIGHT KNOW I WAS ABLE TO TAKE MY DREAM BUCK LAST YEAR AFTER 25 YEARS OF HUNTING ... I HAVE TO SAY THAT AFTER I GOT THIS BUCK MY ATTITUDE HAS CHANGED SOME AS TO WHAT I WILL AND WILL NOT SHOOT .. I MOST LIKELY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DEER LIKE THIS ONE BUT I WOULD NOT GIVE UP THE WOODS FOR A GUARANTEED BOONER .... I COULD NEVER GIVE UP HUNTING ...JUST COUDNT DO IT ....

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 08-26-2005, 05:30 PM

How do you give up who you are?The love of your family and close friends,Health and Happiness are the true riches in life!! I would never trade the peace,serenity and challenge of the deer woods not for any amount of money!