Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck of a lifetime, then quit? >

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Old 08-25-2005, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

You could always hunt pigs and exotics.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd never quit hunting...you will have to pry the bow out of my cold dead fingers.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 AM

Nope, don't hunt for the 'trophy', I hunt because it is innstilled in me , and I enjoy it as a normal part of my life.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely not. Back in Highschool my best buddy and I went bowhunting together. He ended up getting his first deer ever which grossed over 200. And we still continue to hunt every year together, and have taken several deer since then.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Oh yeh, sure... that's what I'd do. Shoot the big one and then go on tour. There would be no reason to climb 20 feet up? There would be no more morning dew?? THere'd be no more chillymornings with the smell of rotting leaves and goldenrod every where???? There would be no more mornings with a booger hanging frommy nose??? There be no more morningsplaying with the frozen face mask??? Does this mean I'll never again get to hear "TWACK"? There'd be no reason to "Just Do It" in the woods???? Holy mackeral Andy..what was I thinkin'????
Old 08-25-2005, 06:51 AM

I was lucky enough to shoot a "Buck of a lifetime" 2 years ago - grossed 184".My passionfor bowhunting has grown even more since then. It has now become a true obsession. I did not pursue any magazine covers etc. although G5 put me in there brochure. I was floating on cloud nine for a while that winter but soon all I could think about was getting back out there. I was able to repeat last fall with a 159" 10 point and could not beleive that the "horse shoe" that was apparently in my rear end had not fallen out. I think it was a week before Todd (Hunting Net) would even talk to me. I'm telling you...no way would I make a deal with the devil like that. I don't now what words to use to describe my "obsession" now because nothing seems powerfull enough. I just hope that horse shoe is still with me!!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:53 AM

Nope. Never. Records don't mean a thing to me.Joshkeller uou might as well quit now if it would be that easy for you to give up man. I feel for you.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

Not a snowballs chance in Hell!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I could never give it up....if I had to after shooting the new record, I guess I'd shoot the buck, and not enter it...would that skirt the whole thing...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The fact that tagging a buck ends my season in PA (1 buck/year) is what makes me pass on alot of bucks that most guys would shoot in a heartbeat. I'll get that buck of a lifetime the only way I want it.............In my own time, without making deals with the devil. Any other way and it would mean NOTHING to me. Would mean about as much to me as a mount of some poached trophy would..........TRASH. I guess I vote NO.

Quick Reply: Buck of a lifetime, then quit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.