Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot >

4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Old 08-20-2005, 10:32 AM

Default RE: 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet
don't let an arrow fly if your gonna be ashamed of your harvest.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Every deer is a trophy.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:19 PM

I guess I harp on this a bit much, but I am glad that others keep their proverbial feet on the ground when it comes to hunting. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...It's not the size of the kill, but how you hunted what you killed!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

As always Frank, A fantastic read....
Not as detailed as yours and Matt's Rob but then I was never one for speeches....
Old 08-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

Besides of being proud of what your harvest, DON'T RUIN IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

I can't tell you how many times I have been at a deer registration station, and someone makes some smartalec remark about the "little dog doe" or the "tiny buck".

Then you notice the little kid or the first time hunter who was smiling earlier, is now hanging his head.
What should have been a great memory, is now tainted by some loud mouthed jerk.

A "Trophy" is in the eye of the beholder, no one else can pass judgement on someone elses harvested animal.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dampland

Besides of being proud of what your harvest, DON'T RUIN IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

I can't tell you how many times I have been at a deer registration station, and someone makes some smartalec remark about the "little dog doe" or the "tiny buck".

Then you notice the little kid or the first time hunter who was smiling earlier, is now hanging his head.

What should have been a great memory, is now tainted by some loud mouthed jerk..
I've witnessed this a few times myself [:@]Very sad how some hunters approach the sport, and talk about other participants.

One thing Frank said in his original post.."management buck". That kind of "modern" hunting terminology annoys me to no end .I realize based on QDM principles, it's just a correct description..the bad part is that it's always used in a semi-derogatory way..even unintentionally like in Frank's post. It has a negative conotation that I just don't understand. 99% of the everyday avg hardworking/hard huntingbowhunters out there would consider one of these "second class" animals the trophy of a lifetime, whereas the Video crew & huntersconsider it doingthe outfittera favor by culling it...

Sorry...this is something I feel strongly about. Any animal taken is a trophy..regardless of size or gender.

:gets off soapbox:

Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bust my a@# for any and every deer I kill. I don't care if it is a baldy or spike horn... it's a trophy. Even moreso if taken with the bow.
I'd rather see pictures and hear stories about average "dinks" and does thanmost monster rackers.
Nothing bothers me more than when someone puts down someone else's hard earned trophy. I have been more excited over small does than the biggest buck I have taken.
They are all trophies in my opinion and I get pumped beyond belief when I see someone excited about their doe & small buck harvest.
Good luck to everyone. I'll hopefully have a picture of a nice spike or forkhorn to go along w/ a doe this bowseason to share with everyone!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

What should have been a great memory, is now tainted by some loud mouthed jerk.
This is the kind of things that make me sick with some folks. They have no respect for others.
To me all deer are trophys. I am very happy for anyone that takes a deer.(buck or doe, big or small.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

I dont mind at all if some one says crap about a deer some one I know or I have killed.They are normaly not very good hunters. I allso try to invite them to my house to eat dinner so they can tell,help and guide me to bigger better deer.So far EVERY time they have walled though my door they are allmost flored.I was blessed with some real nice monsters that walked in to my arrows.I like to set them in there place . The 2 times this has hapend to me turned in to learning EX for them

If need be take them behind the barn and teach them some manners!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

I will be friggan amped to take anything with my bow! I was very pumped about my first deer which was just last year even though it was "just a doe with a shotgun". Whatever I was proud. No one took me in the woods and set me up. I scouted it all myself learned it all myself and filled a tag and got some meat. Here in the suburbs of Boston if you see one deer in the woods having gone out three times you had a great week!

jim
Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

"Just a doe with a shotgun" will never come out of my mouth... ! That is awesome!
Congrats on your first deer. I'm sure you earned it!

Quick Reply: 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.