Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot >

4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Old 08-23-2005, 05:08 PM

Default RE: 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Another excellent post! Always be proud of what you have accomplished. If you have put your time in scouting, and getting your set up shooting just right, any harvest is one to be proud of no matter what weapon was chosen. You have then, in my book a great accomplishment no matter the size or the sex of the animal.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

when my daughter shot her first deer on youth day last year (first deer for either of us) you would have thought it was a 12 point 200" deer as happy we were and as proud as i was.
I didn't realize it was a small spike (maybe 80lbs) until i finally looked at the pictures
Old 09-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

" One thing Frank said in his original post.."management buck". That kind of "modern" hunting terminology annoys me to no end . "- Jeffb

That's the truth, I've always maintained that the phrase "management buck" really translates quiet well as that buck just helped pay for the ranch managers salary. It's sad that they hang such a high price tag on a buck they instantly insult as soon as it walks into view.

What's funny is when a HUGE monster deer steps out in clear view, but obviously the "hunter" or hunting show didn't pony up the cash for the herd monarch so they say they couldn't get a good shot on it and watch it walk off only to take a marginal shot on the next management looking eight that walks by.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to say the kill I have been most proud of was not of my own. I spent some time with a brother inlaw in early season, got him a bow, shot 3-D whith him many times. Took him out opening day two years ago and a doe he landed. I have yet to put down a doe, by coice and upbringing, but was proud of this trophy. I hope to top that this year with my daughter and her first season to hunt.
If I hear a loud mouth, they are sure to see the back of the shed!!!
Good luck to all, and enjoy the hunt!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:06 PM

I agree 100%...Proud of every animal & view them all as trophies
Old 09-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Amen & Amen
Old 09-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yeah, big and small I am proud of them all!! I just like letting the string drop to much to pass them all up!!

Old 09-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, It's not a deer, but it is my first bear w/ the bow... Not very big... Just tipped the scales at 100lb. I thought it was bigger when it came in, but I am proud just the same since I took it with the bow on my own over a natural food source.

http://tinypic.com/dhad6g.jpg

Old 09-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Spike

Unfortunately the magazines, hunting shows, and most of the videos are packed with photos of P&Y class bucks, so we get a real tainted imagine of what bow hunting is all about.I won't even watch these so-called hunting video's unless they are informative and not just loaded with kill shot, after kill shot all on monster bucks.
Many of the "slobs" who degrade other hunters (especially bow hunters) have probably never even gotten close to a deer, let alone arrow one.
I get just as much satisfactionout watching a couple of does feed directly underneath my tree and never knowing I was anywhere near!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Bassman4940.....my thought exactly on watching the deer right under your stand. there is just something special bout have those deer so close to you and never knowing your there. last season i had a small six point feed right underneath my stand for 30 min. i just watched him through the grate of my treestand. i would of shot him but AR in my unit are 4 points to a side (i guess he must of known that)

Quick Reply: 4th Annual- Be Proud of what you shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.