Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever >

Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever

Old 08-19-2005, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever

This morning Lance brought his bow into the office so I can put a new rest on it for him. Well, while he was digging through his stuff at home last night he found an old 3-60 a/c/c with a lighted nock on it so he brought it in. I've been playing with this thing all morning and I'm like a little kid with a new toy.

I didn't even think anyone made lighted nocks for the a/c/c's, but I guess I was wrong. I'm really thinking about picking up a 3 pack and trying them out. After watching Jay Gregory use them on The Wild Outdoors I've just had the hankering to try them out.

Anyone have any cons that would possibly stop me from using them this season?

Old 08-19-2005, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever

Have no experience with them, but I have also been pondering the idea of picking some up...they seem really cool...!!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Imagine an early morning or late evening shot. Lighted knocks are the best thing since sliced bread. Any deer I have harvested while using them have been pass thru shots so I didn't get to see my arrow running thru the woods. It was glowing bright and red on the ground though. I can't say a bad thing about them.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:17 AM

Any cons? Yeah, the flippin price!! $30 for 3 is ridiculous!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are kinda of cool.I would not mind trying them myself. I can see where they could come in handy in low light shots
Old 08-19-2005, 10:28 AM

I have 3 Lumenocks, they are great, I would recommend them
Old 08-19-2005, 10:33 AM

I shot that exact same kind last year. I have yet to find anything bad about them. They will help you know exactly where you hit the animal. When tuning your bow it is easier to see the arrow flight.

A few things: make sure you put the magnet as close to the arrow as possible, then try it out before glueing it on.
another thing, the brightness of the nock will dim alot if left on for a period of time. The battery is not dead. Just turn it off and it will be back to normal in an hour or so. What I'm saying is, don't leave it on in the woods after the shot hoping it will mark your arrow when you come back. It will appear to be dead.

BTW, The first deer you shoot with these things and you will wonder how you ever hunted w/out them.

good luck
RBBH
Old 08-19-2005, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would question if therelegal? I do not have the montana bowhunting regs. in front of me at this time, but I know that if its not natural gathering light ( such as a sight) its illegal cause when I first got up here, I had to take my battery operated sight off and replace it.
Suggest chequeing with your local regs. and find out, thatwould probably be the only drawback.

Bobby <----------ELITE 8 REPEAT---------------<<<
Old 08-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Illegal in PA....haven't used them, can't use them but I know I would like them and they are a great idea no doubt...anything that aids you in seeing the shot, arrow placement and the arrow after is a great idea and imagine if it stayed in the animal to aid you in finding it....very good ethics....so why is this communist state against them....I know I know, anything electronic like that..........[&:]
Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Darn you guys! Now I have to recheck my Illinois regulations and also check out Colorado's as well. Lighted nocks might be something I need to look into. I was wondering if they could be reused or "re-batteried".[&:]

Quick Reply: Lighted nocks are the coolest things ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.