Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Of all nights-------- >

Of all nights--------

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Of all nights--------

Old 08-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Of all nights--------

------To forget my camera[]
I am feeling a little lonely as the wife and kids went to Alberta to visit her sister for a week and left me at home alone.
I only get 1 more week of holidays and already booked them for november---priorities first
Anyways I went for a drive tonight with the dog to do a little scouting with the binoculars.I was checking out the corn and soybean fields bordering my favourite hunting grounds and low and behold I seen 3 bucks and a couple does in a field about 150 yards off the road.I pulled over knowing they were bucks and raised the binoculars,almost crapped myself..2 of the bucks were decent 8 pointers and the 3rd was a huge buck.Now remember this is just off the 1000 acres I hunt on .He was a massive 10 point,very clean even rack,lots of mass,tine length to boot and wide.He looked at me and his main beams were at least 4 inches wider then his ears per side.Maybe a 20-22 inch spread.Now I'm not the best person to score deer,but if he dosnt go at least 160 net I'll eat my shorts----lol.
I just hope I see him during bow season under my stand.If you can picture him,maybe the size of the one in my sig with more mass,and at least 220 lbs.
I will be going out tomorrow night with the camera for sure and hopefully be able to post a pic------this thing is a hog.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Of all nights--------

Be patient,he,ll be there keep believeing he will show!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jason!

When you see him next ,give him my address ,just maybe I'll be able to measure him up for you this coming fall.LOL

nubo
Old 08-11-2005, 06:58 PM

ORIGINAL: extreme1

I was checking out the corn and soybean fields bordering my favourite hunting grounds and low and behold I seen 3 bucks and a couple does in a field about 150 yards off the road.I pulled over knowing they were bucks and raised the binoculars,almost crapped myself..2 of the bucks were decent 8 pointers and the 3rd was a huge buck.Now remember this is just off the 1000 acres I hunt on .He was a massive 10 point,very clean even rack,lots of mass,tine length to boot and wide.He looked at me and his main beams were at least 4 inches wider then his ears per side.Maybe a 20-22 inch spread.Now I'm not the best person to score deer,but if he dosnt go at least 160 net I'll eat my shorts----lol.
I just hope I see him during bow season under my stand.If you can picture him,maybe the size of the one in my sig with more mass,and at least 220 lbs.
I will be going out tomorrow night with the camera for sure and hopefully be able to post a pic------this thing is a hog.
Suuuuure, I believe you. Do you have any proof?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suuuuure, I believe you. Do you have any proof?
lol------no you just have to take my word for it,for what its worthIf you dont believe me,ask my dog,she was there
Hopefully I will also have a pic of him with me,my bow and camo duds.

I had one heck of a night,also seen a big spike horn with one tine going straight up like normal,and the other pointing straight down,kinda odd to say the least,but the first time I have seen that.
OF COURSE___NO CAMERA TO PROVE IT[&o]
Old 08-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now I'm not the best person to score deer,but if he dosnt go at least 160 net I'll eat my shorts----lol.
I'd pay to see that...the buck that is...not you and your shots. I look forward to seeing that pic tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, the transparency of this story. Time to get out the BS repellent, guys! This is an obvious gambit to get people to think there's a whopper on the adjacent land so everyone will go there, and stay away from his real honey hole where he's got an even bigger one scoped out!

[8D][8D]
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Something doesn't sound right. First you say there is a big buck in your area. Ain't no bigbucks in your area!!

Second... the wife was gone andyou were out scouting deer??? Sounds likeyouare making up an alibi for when the wife gets back!!!

" No Dear... I wasn't out drinking and partying while you were gone. Look here at the post I made of the buck and funky spike I scouted upwhile you were gone. "

Of course maybe he was scouting, still drinking beer and hadthe dog as a designated driver. Would explain his drescription of the spike and my idea of fun if my wife left for a week!!

Seriously, I hope you get a picture of him with you and the bow in the background.

Tim
Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd pay to see that...the buck that is...not you and your shots.
LOL----you had me worried there for a minute.[:-]

Oh, the transparency of this story. Time to get out the BS repellent, guys! This is an obvious gambit to get people to think there's a whopper on the adjacent land so everyone will go there, and stay away from his real honey hole where he's got an even bigger one scoped out!
Thanks Arthur----you just let the cat out of the bag

" No Dear... I wasn't out drinking and partying while you were gone. Look here at the post I made of the buck and funky spike I scouted upwhile you were gone. "
Speaking from experience TJF-----I can actually see it working
Please dont tell the wife

Anyways,Worked today,picked up my new truck(yes the wife knows)came home,helped friend set up one of his stands,scouted the area a bit and went to field where I seen buck last night.It was about 7:30 and he wasnt there,only 2 does.
I am trying to get a pic of this brute,you just have to take my word for it