Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

Tuesday nights

Old 05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tuesday nights

Bowman and I are going to try something this year. Since it works out well with our wives, we're going to make Tuesday afternoon and night bowfishing league night. We'll most likely hit one of our favorite locations on the Desplaines River most of the time, butI'm sure we'll make our way downstream onthe Illinois. Bring your boats, canoes, floaties, whatever you have. We know of a good safe area for small rigs. Steve hasa boat that he might be willing to take one extra person out on and I can take 2 extra people out on my boat. If you're interested in coming along, get in touch with either one of us.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tuesday nights

That's a nice offer guys.
What a great idea.
I'll have to take you up on it once or twice.

There are several others who might like to come too.
I'll make sure they know.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowfishing League! I like it.

I work nights though. [:'(] Dang!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

That's a nice offer guys.
What a great idea.
I'll have to take you up on it once or twice.
Just meet us out there. These bodies of water will be perfect for your small boat Chris, and anyone else that wants to come, a canoe will work great out here. I've fished the DesPlaines herefrom a canoe several times and had no problems at all. There's not a strong current and the water is very shallow. Hopefully, I'll have lights setup on my boat very soon.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, yesterday was tueday, and Mark and I were out. We got on the water about 3:00 or so and stayed till about 11:00. We had a blast! It's only the second time we've been out this year, the Billy Davis Memorial being the first. So we've been looking forward to it for a while. We had a hard time hitting anything at first (I didn't improve much durring the evenng tho.), but eventually we started hitting ok. Mark went on one stretch hitting everything he saw. It was cool to watch. My handle fell off my new Synergy reel, and in the time it took me to swap reels, Mark hit 5 in a row.

The water was a little low, but we didn't get stuck too much. There's one area where the Dupage River feeds into the DesPlaines that the fish congragate and we went for a long while shooting as fast as we could reel em in! And I do mean fast and furious. I was sweating freely before we were through there. We'd go round and round in one 2-3 acre area and just see tons of fish. The Dupage River is very clear during low-water, and the current is just right for the gar. It was very cool the see gar swimming along side you in 4 feet of water clear as gin under the lights. Mark saw one he said was a 5-footer easily. And we did see one carp we thought would push 20-pounds, but mostly the fish were about 5-6 pounds average.

I'm sorry I didn't post a reminder about tuesdays, but we weren't sure we were going to be able to go out with the weather that was forecasted. Next time, no matter what, I'll post a reminder that we'll be going. It's a great place to go and see lots of fish.

Here's the 2 pictures I got of the shoot. Hopefully, Mark will get pictures of the fish all laid out and definetly counted. The barrel is a 55-gallon drum. And the gar is the first of the day. We only saw 2 or 3 before this.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/bowman55/Markstuesday-nightgar.jpg?t=1178719935

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h188/bowman55/full-barrel.jpg?t=1178718468

Old 05-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Carp-enders.

How many did you get?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:06 PM

I LOVE the t-shirt! OBTW, nice fish too!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Fork Horn

Nice catch!
Old 05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to know they are in there hot and heavy.
Nice shooting.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: carpsniper

Way to go Carp-enders.

How many did you get?
I don't know yet; we didn't count them last night. Mark is going to count them and figure out how many of what species we got. I do know there were mostly buffalo, but that's it. Mark said he's going to get a count and pictures tonite. We're sure it was around a hundred.

Quick Reply: Tuesday nights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.