Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finding early season spots >

Finding early season spots

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finding early season spots

Old 08-08-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Finding early season spots

What do you do to find early season spots. In Georgia, season starts in september, well before the rut and in Alabama it starts in october, still before the rut. I've gotten pretty lucky hunting food plots in the evening and along the chatahoochie river bottoms in the morning. Are those places you would recommend or am i infact getting "lucky"
Old 08-08-2005, 06:05 AM

Default RE: Finding early season spots

Early season, pretty much all you can do is hunt food sources. I typically start out hunting the edges of my property, if possible, concentrating on the food. By hunting the perimeters first, I find I can hunt more days without spooking alot of deer, and usually take a few deer in the meantime. With our long deer seasons down here, there's no reason to be in a rush to get into the middle of the property. As it cools down, and deer movement picks up, I'll start moving deeper in the woods, concentrating more on natural funnels and main travel corridors. If you're having good success with what you're doing, keep doing it.You must be doing something right.