Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 time for a new bow >

time for a new bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

time for a new bow

Old 08-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Default time for a new bow

this is mostly for the bowtech/diamond guys and i need some opinions iam looking at the diamond triumph and victory iam kinda stuck on the two i like the victory but for me i think its a little long for treestand hunting the triumph looks really good two..what to you guys think of both? i will be shooting both monday.... my days of buying 700 plus dollar bows are over with..
Old 08-07-2005, 08:44 PM

Default RE: time for a new bow

I just recently purchased the Diamon Triumph. I've shot it for about a month now and I absolutely love it. I paid 499 for mine over ebay. I have it shooting with one pin out to about 30 yards. I also purchased the hush kit that bowtech makes and have been happy with it so far. The only downer is that the string silencers only lasted about 50 shots before they flew apart, i have now replaced them with just rubber whiskers and it's pretty quiet. I shoots fast and flat and I think is the best bang for your buck.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 AM

ttt
Old 08-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does that mean your getting rid of your razortec?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Diamond Triumph and plan on using it as my hunting bow this season. It definitely is a sweet shooter and very reminiscient of the Bowtech Mighty Mite but with a slightly larger brace height. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:29 PM

I shot both and was very impressed with them. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I think the debate on A2A length is just a matter of preferance. The Victory is only 3 inches longer. Divide that by 2 and you only have 1-1/2" more bow below your hand. Not a whole lot to worry about in a stand. I prefer a shorter bow now because that is what I have been shooting for the last 4 years. The Triumph is also about $100 cheaper. The Victory is also a very nice bow but it's starting to enter the price realm of the Bowtechs and Mathews. Whichever one you buy, look at the camo wood grip for the Diamonds. It has the same Mossy Oak pattern on it and looks super on the bow. It's listed in the Diamond brochure but not on their website. OK, I just found the grip in Mountain Archery's catalog also and it's listed as more of a grey/black laminate. Either way, it sure does look good.

Nice looking bow PA
Old 08-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks G2. The camo prints very well on the Diamonds and despite all my add-on accessories it still has some style to it.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:30 PM

well after 2 hours at the bow shop i finally found my bow diamond victory.. i shoot the patriot the alleigance,defender,triumph and ended up with the victory.. all were great bow buts the victory fit me best the alleigance was a very nice bow and only two reason i did not get it price and the big one not adjustable cams.. another thing that was interesting was the patriot and the victory shooting them both if it wasnt for the camo and a little different riser you could not tell what one you were shotting... the patriot is a little faster 10 fps but was 100 dollars more...anybody looking at a new bow i would look and the diamond/bowtech line super bow and if you are looking at the patriot try the victory you will be surpise on how much there alike
Old 08-09-2005, 04:33 PM

another quick ? for you bowtech guys on the solatire/infinity cam what should you set the nock point at???