Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats your fastest hunt? >

Whats your fastest hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats your fastest hunt?

Old 08-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats your fastest hunt?

I had two more quick hunts that I had almost forgot about. My first bowhunt was pretty quick I was on stand about 45 mintues and a 4 pt walked by and I spine shot him at about 14 yards. Also, I had an opening morning hunt that I killed a doe on about 15 minutes after shooting light.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day about 9 years ago. It was just light enough to see movement andI saw whatI thought was a rabbit moving around. As it grew lighter the "rabbit" started growing horns and stopped at 9 points. I spined him and he fell doa with his rack hidden in the mud. Ihad to climb down to inspect just how nice he was.

It was my first bow deer and I was on cloud nine for the rest of the season. It was the first nice bow buck taken from my lease and some of the old timers were sayingI probably shot it with a .22[:@],but the mercedes benz logo in his hide prooved them wrong.
Bunch of danged outlaw's[:'(]accusing little ole me[8D].
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure if this counts or not but the last bear I shot ( .358 win ) I had just climbed into my stand and had not loaded the rifle more than 5 minutes and a bear walked into the bait at 4.00 pm . Last fall within half an hour of my opening day of moose hunting I had a young bull come trotting in to my call and he met his demise to a bullet from my 7mm mag. This year its archery bear in September and then deer in October. We'll see. My archery moose hunt is already being planned for 2006.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hell i didnt even make it into the woods during a cold day in ohio's guns season back in 2000. I was walking up thru the backyard just at day break, just put a slug in my 870 looked up so i didnt fall to catch my step, and here stood a doe on three legs, she had one up, and she started limpin so i shot her and she dropped, grabbed by the leg took her into the woods field dressed her and thru her in the truck on my way to the butcher, hell he wasnt even up yet! LOL
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was going out for an afternoon hunt two years ago. I had my gun and I found a tree to sit next to. I put the seat pad on the ground sat down and as i looked up I saw deer coming through the brush about 50 yds out. 30 secs later i shot one of them. So a little over 30 seconds.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:04 PM

Last year I climbed my tree and got settled in......15 minutes later a 6 pt came in to my can bleats and I shot him and heard him fall after running about 40-50 yards. I sat down and drank my coffee that was still piping hot

3 years ago on day 2 of gun season my brother was complaining that his safety harness was all tangled up and he wanted my help. After a few minutes of trying to unwind that ball of spaghetti I just told him that I had to get going because it was getting light out. I climbed my tree got settled in and brought up my gun and loaded it. 5 minutes later a 4 pt walked by at 65 yards and I put a slug through him and climbed right back down.

Last year opening day of gun season I was up my tree for about 20 minutes when a 4 pt tried to sneak by and I shot him about 40 yards from my stand. He dropped in his tracks and never moved. 20 minutes later a doe came out the same path and I shot her as she was sniffing the downed buck.

In the last 3 years 7 of the 8 deer I have killed were all before 9 am. I guess I am a morning person
Old 08-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 20 minutes. This spring, I lucked into a perfect turkey hunting setup. Tom gobbling on the roost and I knew where the hens were located. I slipped between them, put out a hen and jake decoy, sat down and waited a few minutes. Couple clucks... See a hen fly down. A couple more clucks and purrs.... Here he comes, straight to the dekes. Textbook perfect. I should have set up for another Tom i heard gobble and gone for #2. Instead, had coffee with the landowner, offered to take him and his wife out to breakfast, but they had plans. 2 hour drive each way, 20 min hunt, and a cup of coffee....
Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last year with my buck. Was up in the stand by 5:15 and had the deer shot by 5:50 pm. I believe I was home by 7:30 that evening though it took a bit longer to butcher.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

I had a hunt one morning from the time I got into the stand and the time I left the woods with my deer was less than 40mins.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:20 PM

Last fall during rifle season my wife and I stopped by my parents to load hay for our horses after work. I bet my wife that there would be some deer in the field behind the barn. Sure enough we pulled up and behind the barn andabout 70 yards out were four does. I pulled out the old7mm Mauser, flipped in a fewshells,and let one have it. the only thing that slowed me down was that my parents goats hadn't eaten yet for the evening and were jumping all around thinking I would feed them. Hah. All they got was an ear full of WHAMMY!

Quick Reply: Whats your fastest hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.