Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT suit

Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default ASAT suit

For those of you who use this camo suit what do you wear under it? Do you where more camo under the suit, or does it matter what you where? I am trying to decide wether to buy a suite, or the BDU pants and long sleve shirt. Any advice would be appriceated.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ASAT suit

You can wear whatever you want under it.

In early season when it is hotI just wear shorts and a t-shirt.
When it cools down there is enough room to layer under the 3d suit
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 3D leafy suit. I purchased a larger size so that I could layer my clothes underneath. Last year in Oct. we had a couple warm days where I just had shorts and a t-shirt underneath.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like what I was hoping for. My season starts at the end of this month and for the first month it is HOT. The shorts underneath would be perfect. Another question does the suit have a hood, or do you need to purchase a head net seperatly?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Spike

AC,

The suit comes with the headnet as a set.

Trust me, come an early season hunt in 80-90 degree heat—you'll absolutely love it!

And, like the others said, there's plenty of room to fit cold weather, rain and scent-elimination gear under it.

It's truly "the only camo system you'll ever need!"

A couple suggestions, wash it as soon as you get it a few times in "scent-free" detergent and let it hang dry. That will soften up the material making it quieter—plus with the new style, they do some sort of "heating" process that binds the stitching better to the leafy material, which gives it a more prominent 3-D effect—and at least on my account so far—it appears to leave an odor on the suit. Don't worry, a few washes and it's ready for the woods.

One other thing, I'd suggest getting the gloves as well—to complete the system.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

NOTHING!

Just kidding. I actually wear my old faded camo, but that is the beauty of the suit, IMO, you can wear whatever you want under it.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

For those of you who use this camo suit what do you wear under it? Do you where more camo under the suit, or does it matter what you where? I am trying to decide wether to buy a suite, or the BDU pants and long sleve shirt. Any advice would be appriceated.
The 3D suits mesh lining is printed with the ASAT camo as well. So there is no need for any type of camo underneath. Wear what ever you like
Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

I concur with the others. That's what's great about the suit, when it's hot you can where as little as you want under it and when it gets cold you can layer. I usually where an ASAT jacket and pants under it simply to walk to my stand and then dress there....sometimes all I have under it is the black scent control suit or shorts and tshirts as well...

You won't be sorry for getting it.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:10 PM

I would think a good base layer of some high tech wicking material would be good.....but I have been known to wear nothing under it at all.