Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or QAD Ultra Rest? >

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or QAD Ultra Rest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or QAD Ultra Rest?

Old 07-30-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or QAD Ultra Rest?

Has anyone used both arrow rests?
Which one is easier to set up?
I like the QAD because it always holds the arrow in the same position,compared to the Drop Zone that comes up as you pull the bow back.I imagine that the Drop Zone may be quieter.
I'm looking for a good fall away rest for my BuckMaster 2000.I know the BuckMaster isn't close to the fastest bow.So doesthe QAD work well with slower bows?
Will both rests work well with my bow?
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Old 07-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Drop Zone or QAD Ultra Rest?

Well this may not help all that much but...................

I just purchased a QAD ultra rest to go on an allegiance. I too was drawn to the total containment feature of the rest. There is one thing I don't like about it, that the containment bar is plastic. I think it would be about perfect other than that little annoyance. I may just turn me down a steel bar and replace that plastic one.

I have not used it yet on the bow as I am waiting for it to arrive but in playing with it off the bow it seems to function exactly as advertised and provides plenty of fletching clearance. It also seems that it will be a very quiet rest. It also does stay upright until it is rapidly released (fired) allowing you to let the bow down and still leave the arrow fully contained.