Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Trophy Ridge Drop Zone >

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

Old 12-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

Ok what do we know about these rests? Im still shooting the old two prong3D Pro rest with 2 dozen micro adjustments lol. Going to give my bow a face lift.

What do we know about the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone?

Good?

Bad?

Ugly?

Found one new at a decent price, but cant decide to grab it wait to see if I can find a decent price on a QAD Ultra Pro
Old 12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

There are plenty of guys shooting them. I have never used one personally, but from what I can tell, its a good rest with very few issues.

Now, I'm guessing you're going to use this rest for hunting. If so, you may want to opt out for the QAD because of its containment feature. You can get a little stick on arrow holder to hold the arrow with the Drop Zone, but IMO, the containment isn't nearly as good as something like the QAD.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

i have one. i got it because i heard a lot of good stuff about it. i havent been able to shot it much yet, because of all the snow. so far i like it. it comes with a foam hold which holds the arrow when not drawn back. it holds it well, u can turn the bow upside down with out the arrow falling off. which is plenty good for me. if u are going to get a good deal on it i would go for it
Old 12-24-2008, 06:03 AM

I'm shooting the Drop Zone on my X Force.
I shoot cock fletch up, works great.
I've got it timed to be fully up in the last couple inches of draw.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Oh well.......got a few months to spare. Missed that deal. Might just have to buy a 'full priced' one later lol
Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

the LD is the same price i would just get that if u are going to pay full price. i cant use it because i have an admiral
Old 12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SeraphHHC

the LD is the same price i would just get that if u are going to pay full price. i cant use it because i have an admiral
LD? Curious.....What and why can't you use it with the Admiral?
Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

on the limb in front of the cam there is not enough flex for it to work properly. they told me they are working on a new bracket that will attach it to the end of the limb (where it does flex enough). limb driver is the LD
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been shooting my DZ since '03. Love the rest. Never had a problem. The old BowTech I use requires me to shoot cock vane out, like when I used to shoot fingers with a flipper rest/burger button. If I don't shoot that way, I have cable clearance issues, but thats not a problem at all.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've sold, setup, and used all the Drop Aways mentioned and more. For my $$ I think the Limb Driver is the best drop away out there.
I am currently running them at a special price on Ebay

Dan

Quick Reply: Trophy Ridge Drop Zone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.