Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 spray cresting results >

spray cresting results

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

spray cresting results

Old 07-26-2005, 04:38 PM

Default spray cresting results

Well, thanks Hokie3 for the idea. I believe it to be a success. I will be doing all of my arrows this way from now on. This is so simple it's not even funny. There is just a bit of artistic talent needed for the fade, but not much. Folks, if I can do it, so can you, trust me. It looks a lot better than the picture shows. I am quite amazed. Give it a try ya'll!!!!!

Wow. Didn't realize the picture was so darn big till I previewed it.....oh well...it is as it is....It really does look great though.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Default RE: spray cresting results

What kind of paint did you use? I tried one earlier, and it looked pretty good, but i also just kind of slapped in on. Im doin all of my arrows like this also though.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats awesome thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 06:25 PM

I'm in the process of fletching three arrows now that I spray crested last night. I'll take pics and post them when I'm finished. Glad you'll enjoyed the link. The real test will come when they are shot multiple times through my whisker biscuit rest. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Hokie3

I'm in the process of fletching three arrows now that I spray crested last night. I'll take pics and post them when I'm finished. Glad you'll enjoyed the link. The real test will come when they are shot multiple times through my whisker biscuit rest. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Oh, I didn't think about that. I bet they don't hold up very well through the WB.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 PM

Well, I've watched the clip. I must say that is pretty cool. I will be picking up the paint tomorrow, and fletching a dozen of my shafts up with just plain white cresting. I sure hope this works, it looks awesome though! I used to have all my arrows dipped, but that was a real pain. I think this is going to be actually fun!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:16 PM

I tried fletching 3 arrows tonight that I sprayed last night. I did have a couple of issues that are not related to the cresting at all. I'm having trouble getting my blazers to make good contact with the shaft of my arrows...especially through the middle. Two of the arrows did not come out because of this. I did manage to successfully fletch 4 blazers to one of theGold Tip XT 75-95's. The one thing I did notice when Iattached the blazers to the arrow was thatthe glue ate (melted) right through the laquer. I don't know if I put too much laquer on or if I used too much glue or even the wrong type of glue for this process (Bohning Fletchtite Platinum) but this did concern me a little. The four fletchings do seem to be secured tightly to the shaft and do not come off when pulled.I haven't tried to pull really hard yet....I'llgive them until tomorrowbefore I try that. If they hold up through the pull test, I plan to shoot them a couple dozen times through the whisker biscuit and then see how they are holding up. Now if I could only get this fletch contact issue solved.....

Old 07-27-2005, 07:40 PM

he may have mentioned something in the video about instant glue if i remember correctly. that could be it.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

what's the purpose of cresting your arrows. i'm just curious. does it help tell where you hit by the color of the blood of what. i'm just wondering??
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Nope, not the blood, although it does let you nkow if yougot any on the shaft real quick. It is to better track or see the arrow in flight. Plus it looks really cool.......

Quick Reply: spray cresting results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.