Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crackerized???

Old 07-23-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crackerized???

Old 07-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gibblet
nubo, this is nothing, if this was on AT there would be people from all over the mid-west flying into North Carolina to kick my butt and drag me thru the street while waiving crackers flags - for real.
Aint it amazing! What's up with people. I just can't figure the cult like followings that happen in the archery world. Sometimes I wonder if people name their kids bowtech or switchback or vtech or crackers or what ever the way people go on. For the money they charge the thing better sit up and dance, it's expected, so what. A guy like you providing the service you do at the cost you charge demands a greater respect IMO, but I still aint naming any kids after you much less taking trips to pummel your competitors.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:15 AM

it is amazing nodog. i've never seen more fanatical zealots than crackerheads. i mean, the nasty posse sounds a lot better anyway, and one day we may take over AT, and then people will be afraid to mention me without retribution - but in all seriousness i'd put an end to that real quick. i search my username over there to make sure none of that is going on and if i find it i'll stop it real fast like, and very politely.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with the cult following statement,just look at what Bowtec has been able to do here.BUT,usually these followings must have a quality service or product before it takes off.

World champions are not always the most knowledgable when it comes to tuning but they are usually knowledgable to some degree and can usually get things PLENTY close for their perfect form.But I knowa fewworld record holders that get their bows tuned and setup on the same machine by the same person I do.He also happens to be a level 4b coach and instructor.level 5 is as high as you can go and there are a very few of those around.

Like I stated earlier,I am speaking from experience.Let me say this,I setup and tuned my Protec with factory strings and after I was happy with it and had time and money to get my strings and cables,I went to this person and he built and installed my strings for me.He then put it on the machine to tune and setup.He said I had it near perfect ,rest,sight,3rd and 4th axis but what took me weeks(and a couple of 3-dtournaments)took him a couple hours andI got new strings and cables that are perfect and don't move aroundforless than a set of Winners Choice.Granted I get a deal buthe seems to bedoing exactly what Crackers is doing.I also kept the same speed with Ultra cam strings and the draw length was right instead of a 1/4" long.So I basically gained speed.

I got my bow back last night after a 16 hour fast pitch tournament with my daughter []that we won and he told me my arrows were shooting adime sizegroup at 17 yards,doesn't sound bad but that is out of a machine(imagine what 40 yard groups would be)and my groups would actually be worse.He tuned them and now ALL my arrows hit the same hole.This is where a machine has it's full advantage for FITA style shooters,but this process is not cheap and distance shooters will get arrows tuned at whatever there distance is.

Sorry to get a little off topic but What Crackers does must be working and I have to assume he isdoing alot of the same things my guy is doing.We will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I agree with the cult following statement,just look at what Bowtec has been able to do here. BUT,usually these followings must have a quality service or product before it takes off.

World champions are not always the most knowledgable when it comes to tuning but they are usually knowledgable to some degree and can usually get things PLENTY close for their perfect form.But I know a few world record holders that get their bows tuned and setup on the same machine by the same person I do.He also happens to be a level 4b coach and instructor.level 5 is as high as you can go and there are a very few of those around.
Interesting stuff. Just what I'd like to do and maybe will some day, if not me maybe one of my kids. Must be very rewarding. Hope your #1 some day.

The thing that bugs me is this. If this crackers guy is so nice and does a good job why does he stand by and let the kind of things go on that gibblet has described? With the influence he seems to have he could put a stop to it.