Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GTO Crackerized

Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default GTO Crackerized

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2794

This guy(mike) well super tune your bow for you. I am thinking on sending my GTO to them.

Anybody here try it yet?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:48 AM

Default RE: GTO Crackerized

From what I hear he is one of the best in the nation at tuning bows. I actually think it is a requirement to send your bow to him over on AT, seems like EVERYbody there has a crackerized bow.

If you do it, be prepared to shell out some major dough for a tuning job, and the waiting list is around a year long last timeI checked. Wouldn't be that bad because you keep the bow until he is ready to work on it, but it would probably be next summer before he would crackerize your GTO.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 AM

I READ ABOUT HIM ALSO IN THE PAST. PEOPLE SEEM TO LOVE HIS WORK. I HAVE SEEN A FEW BOWS HE HAS DONE IN THE PAST ON THE NET. I THINK HE HAS HIS OWN WEB PAGE. I FIGURE THE COST COULD BE HIGH THOUGH.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 AM

They go bananas over on AT for him.......

I thought about it for a split second and decided, I better learn how to tune my own bow.

So here I am.....tuning my own bows.

It will set ya back about $90 (I think that is with a set of strings), but the guy does know what he is doing.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I didn't have mine Crackerized, I had it MacRotechized.But the thing I find a little wrong with long distance tuning of a bow, it's set up for him.(I've watchedLen tune I don't know how many bows and do nothing but tear bulletholes and split X's. When the real owner puts his hands on the bow to shoot it that's a whole different thing. Different release, hand pressure, torgue... everything. Len has them shoot, points out form flaws and they become amazed at what a little hand adjustment does to their shooting.The final fine tuning has to be done with the owner. Yes he can get it to a starting point and make sure everything is plum, level, in tune if you will. The final tweeking still has to be done with the bow in my hand.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you look at it as getting your bow "tuned" yes it is expensive. It cost around $100. When you consider that you are getting custom strings, tune, and your bow will come back faster than what you sent it (not sure how he does that) it becomes a more attractive proposition.

Davidmil brings up a good point about the tuning with bow in hand, but that is more form coaching. All the same it is critical for getting a consistent shot. The best tune in the world won't help you you aren't consistent.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the end the bow is only going to shoot as well as the person shooting it. If he can make it faster then that may appeal to some folks but if speed isn't a big deal then that option loses its appeal. It makes a lot more sense to me to tune your own bow and tune your own arrow and tune them both together. I would be willing to bet that a crackerized bow and abow and arrow I setup for myself would shoot the same (except maybe speedwise). Both bow setups would be limited to my abilities as a shooter. I am not a target shooter and there may be a difference there but for hunting...........

I have read a great deal of threads here, many by long time bowhunters, that talk about not knowing if their arrow is spined correctly, weighs enough/too much, or why their broadheads don't hit like field points and so on. IMO a hunter should know how to setup, adjust and take care of his/her chosen weapons.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to order a set of strings from him a few years ago (2005), then decided what the heck I will just send my bow into him. Turn around was decent, maybe 3 weeks total.

But, I honestly wasn't all that impressed....The serving on one of my cables let loose on the loop end after a couple months, that could have been a nasty accident..... I bought a new set of strings else where to replace them and never looked back.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always prefer to tune my own bow, and I do it after 3 or 4 beers. That way, if the arrow is a little wobbly, I can't tell anyway

Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The term "Crackerized" doesn't come across as one that demands a whole lot of respect.... JMO I like to tune my bows... sometimes. I think I'd save the cash Germ. Just "Germerize" it.

Quick Reply: GTO Crackerized

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.