Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial >

Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

Old 08-18-2005, 11:06 PM

Default RE: Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Atlas , the link is working fine for me. You need AcrobatReader to open it.
I don't know what the problem is.........ever since I upgraded my Firefox a few days ago I have been having trouble with plug-ins and some media stuff. I will keep trying.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Starts with this...

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: shed33

Atlas have you ever harvested a mature buck with your bow. Prove it to me.

waiting....... lets play the prove itgame... yahoo....

"yawns" I better get to bed... work comes early ...
[/blockquote]
You reply...

You first

Shed replys with his post and you go on to say this....

That may go down as the all time lamest post on this board............and I stopped reading it 3 lines down.

I meant prove what you said earlier about carbon

I hope you didn't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back

What would make you think I care even a little about something so silly??

You just got owned Atlas. No other way of looking at it. He proved your thinking wrong so you try to turn it around like you always do trying to make the other person look like the bad guy. Anyhow do the board a favor and find a new hobby. I think I speak for most when I say we are tired of your childish arguments.

Shed once again congrats on some fine whitetails.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just another expensive piece of junk to waste money on. Proper care in body washes and scent elimination products will outperform the big buck clothing. I find it hard to believe that so many people actually fall for this line.[:-]
Old 08-19-2005, 10:50 AM

Anyone with a brain in their head can see by reading the thread that I asked shed33 to prove his claims about carbon and the things he stated in his first reply that mentioned me. He then asked me to "prove" something and I said "you first".............doesn't take too much brain power to figure out I meant prove what I asked first before asking for proof yourself

Random stories are useless info...........1,000 other guys on here can tell stories of deer they killed without scent suits and where does that leave us?? Nowhere.

Random stories are just that.........you choose to believe them or not........but they offer absolutely no concrete proof of any kind either for or against the subject. I would say the same thing to a guy who says "I killed 50 deer downwind and I don't use scent suits" So what??..........that doesn't prove scent suits don't work anymore then shed33's resume proves that they do. That is what scientific studies are for...........to eliminate any guesswork or variables that can bring doubt into play and require a certain amount of blind faith.

A story is a story................take the contest for example. Some people's scores on their bucks were right in line with what you would think the buck scored..........some were a little lower or higher.........and some were just plain laughable. Some you believe......some you don't and some you laugh at. Anyone can write anything on the internet............doesn't mean it's true

Old 08-19-2005, 11:21 AM

I can't speak for everyone else, but I for one am tired of reading you prove it...prove this prove that...shut up already. You don't use, or believe it, that's fine. I certainly don't have a problem with that, nor does anyone else. But, we do, and it shouldn't bother you either. Stop arguing with it. You can't change my mind, and we can't change yours. Let it go man. Let it go.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas, me first...sure no problem, proofs in the pudding bud! Public land whitetails all of them btw.... cougars, wolves bears... humans are the least of their worries... and remember my state isnt known at all for big whitetails.. so consider my buck scores realitve to what the state produces..

1. lets just go year by year, when I first started wearing scent lok, and paying close attention to detail involving scent minimization.....hows that sound? fair enough.., 1998...

1998, 135 class buck 3.5 years old, 12 yards off the ground with his head on a licking branch

1999, 125 class 5x5 moch scrape, 15 yards. (have one of his sheds)

2000 134 inch 4x4 3.5 year old, have a set of his sheds, 25 yards wind in his face, rattle in on my mock scrape line...

2001 121 inch 4x4 had 10 different deer down wind of me including him that day. Grunted him up the hill to me. 10 yard shot. 1 shed from him...

2001 137 inch 5x5 Set my brother up on this buck in a big ravine he grunted him in dead down wind of him.. 12 yard shot right in his lap..

2002, 5x5 dead down wind of my brother rattled him in, 15 yard shot after this buck was tearing up a small sappling... 125 inch buck 240 lb body.

2002 124 inch 4x4 again deer under around my stand all day...shot him at 17 yards wind right in his face, and then the hawg comes by my stand at dark as I am guttingthe 4x4out 50 yards away where he died...you live and ya learn right

2003 made a vow, now more 120 class bucks.. 130 or better or no shots...

2003, Set up a stand for my brother to kill this 5x5 156 inch buck, 30 yards shot. Yup he wears it too. This buck came in directly down wind of him.

2003 145 inch 4x4 scrape line 35 yard shot. Cross wind. 2 sets of his sheds.. I knew him well..

2003 184 inch 8x9 7.5 years old came out of his bedding area, only about 150 yards from me... directly down wind of me right before last shooting light. 40 yard shot. I had sat there in my stand for 4 hours..waiting for him to get up out of bed..and the wind blew towards him pretty much the whole time.. (currently the #3 buck entered by a bow harvest in Idaho's bow catagory, non-typical) I have one of his sheds.. 83 inch gross 9x side

2005, 138 inch 5x5 6 yards cross wind following a doe. (sheds 1 of his)

I have pictures here of every buck do you really want me to load all these pictures ATLAS????

The above is nothing compared to the numerous encouters I have had up close, (bow close) with some real trophy class mature bucks for my geographical area while summer scouting and videoing. I have film of a 110, 120 (two of them) 130, 140, 150, and high 160 to 175 class bucks just last week.. and many of these bucks fed within 40 to 50 yards of me down wind..does too..half a dozen cow elk too..downwind at about 100 yards... NOW IS THIS all a coincidence or do IDAHO deer and elk just have bad NOSES???...

No wait I got it ..I know what it is..its that Deer DNA I had injected as a child..I smell like a deer... ATLAS...your right this scent lok gear is a hoax...

I am shed33 and I approve this nonsense...
shedd33. Don't take this wrong, but it sounds to me like you are giving a lot of credit for your success to the clothing. Based on wht you posted above, it appreas to me that you spend a lot of time in the deer woods looking for sheds, patterning deer movement and simply watching deer. It also appears that you approach your hunting very seriously by being patient and by setting certain standards/goals to obtain.

Could you success be because of you appraoch and the time you spend? Is it only related to the clothing/sprays? Are you saying that you do not think you would have had these success stories w/o these products?

You also mention killing a deer while gutting a deer. Did the deer not smell the guts? With all of the natural predators you have, I would think most deer would shy away from the smell of a fresh gut pile. I don't mean toquestion you, but if a deer can walk up on a gut pile and not be spooked, is scent the DETERMINING factor for successful deer hunts? Is it worth the money?.........to each his own I say, spend it if you got it! But maybe, just maybe you would have been just as successful without it. That's the part we will never know.

Old 08-19-2005, 12:08 PM

Hi: I am new to this post. I hunt in North Eastern Oregon.
I use both scent loc and descenting soaps, for the simple reason that NOT ALL scent is bacteria mediated. Some of our scents are pheromones. Some are for the purpose of sexual attractents, and some are for territoral purposes. Bacteria can act on the oils of these scents and make them pungent or even foul, but even at a subliminal level, they are detectable to game. Not to mention the odors on our breath of the foods we eat, especially if it contains onions or garlic, since these molecules are expired out through our lungs. Even a mouth wash won't cover something that comes out of our lungs.
Chewing mint leaves, or sipping pine needle tea can help to some extent, but that is just masking. Eating bacon, sausage, and other prepared meats, smoking, drinking alcohol, and eating jerky, venison sausage, cheese, and other strongly scented foods, all affect our odor. We smell like a predator. We also carry the scent of oils and gas and propane from our camps, our Quads, our lanterns, and the lubes on the pulleys of our bows. Game animals LIVE by their noses. It isn't just your funky arm pits, or nasty feet and three days in camp rear end and crotch, or unbrushed, beer soaked, unflosssed teeth.
A real good illlustration of the scent bloom is found on the "Treelounge" web site. Even if you don't use a tree lounge, check out the video of the guy walking or sitting in a low stand, wearing smoke bombs. Boy does that open your eyes.
To restate my basic message, not all odor is bacterial in nature.
Thanks for the opportunity to post.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I can't speak for everyone else, but I for one am tired of reading you prove it...prove this prove that
You may be the kind of person who doesn't mind throwing his money at products based on nothing more then what someone "told" you it does and that is fine. Don't get upset when someone requires more then blind faith and stories to convince them of the validity of a products claims.

People post threads here all the time about how a product either lived up to it's claims.......exceeded them or didn't even come close.........and people demand proof of what these threads are based on just as often. 5 star's broadhead tests are "proof" of a heads toughness, flight accuracy and sharpness. Doesn't show what it will do on a deer but at least every head goes through the same test and we can compare..........sure beats taking every company's word for how great their heads are doesn't it?? People post that some bows don't live up to their claims for IBO speeds or that the latest gadget works or doesn't............This board is full of "proof" that all kinds of products either do what they say.........or they don't so don't go getting all bent out of shape when someone points that magnifying glass at a product you choose to boast about without having any proof to back those claims up. No one is saying anything about you because you use the suits........stop taking things so personally.

You don't use, or believe it, that's fine. I certainly don't have a problem with that, nor does anyone else. But, we do, and it shouldn't bother you either.
You are the one flying off the handle and taking everything personally when all we are discussing is a product............you are upset because you perceive negative comments about scent suits as negative comments about you because you own and use them.

If someone started a thread saying Bowtech Patriots and Magnus Stingers were no good I wouldn't get all bent about it and take it as an insult...........even though I use both and believe them to be fine products that live up to every claim they make.

Stop arguing with it. You can't change my mind, and we can't change yours. Let it go man. Let it go.
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. It's a thread about scent suits and you are upset about scent suits being discussed???
Old 08-19-2005, 12:38 PM

I'm not taking anything personally. I am just tired of you repeating yourself. This is not a thread on scent suits, it is a thread discussing the differences between scent suits and antimicrobial suits, not to be used in place of your deleted thread.
Shoot, I'm not even upset. Look, if you need more proof, do a search on activated carbon regeneration. Water and air purification companies regerate their carbon all the time, usually with steam or hot air. They do that because it is more economical than re-activation. Why would they do that if it doesn't work??? Don't believe me, do the search, read for yourself.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

This is not a thread on scent suits, it is a thread discussing the differences between scent suits and antimicrobial suits, not to be used in place of your deleted thread.
I wasn't even gonna post to this thread..........until I was brought into it and mentioned by name by a moderator. If you don't like the direction of the discussion you may want to talk to him about it seeing how he started us down this path.

Quick Reply: Scent Lok vs Antimicrobial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.