Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A Hunter's Conscience >

A Hunter's Conscience

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Hunter's Conscience

Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 PM

Default RE: A Hunter's Conscience

JR, it must be terribly difficult to keep balancing on that pedestal!!!
I really hope you don't fall.

I guess you're the type of "hunter" that NEVER alters the natural path of your prey. I mean, the way you talk, you must thinks it's cheating to use rattles, scent lures, grunts, or anything that could make a deer change it's mind.

I guess you think that waterfowlers are cheating when they use decoys and calls too. I'll bet $$$ that when you go fishin', you just use a black barbless hook with no bait, huh? Anything else, would be cheating, right????

Old 07-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jack - check with your doctor - he might be able to adjust your meds.

Steve
Old 07-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

No old Jack does it the right way. He swings from vines in a pink thong with a big ole hunting knife. He lands on their backs and starts hacking away, cuts the heart out and eats it right there on the spot. Or when the big ole buck is getting a drink ole Pink thong is laying in wait under the water. He moves like lightning grabs the 200 class buck by the rack and rodeos him till he can,t take another step. Then the hacking starts all over again. He does it his way, the hard way, the Jack Ryan way.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:54 PM

Ok guys, this needs to stop.

It's fine to disagree with his way ofthinking, but to start attacking him publiclyis going a bit too far.

He didn't name names when he made this post. You can't help but attack him because he's the one you're disagreeing with.

Is the off-season really getting to you guys this bad?
Old 07-10-2005, 08:09 PM

Compound shooters are cheats too - just look at all the questions they ask
Old 07-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if I personaly would have put this in as confrontational of a fashion but, in essence, I do agree with you. However, trying to force my ethics and values on others is not something I feel is right either.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

quote]ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I think in some cases you may be right, however you don't have to have a guilty consience to question the actions of others, do you?
[/quote]

Unless it's on public ground, thrown up in public forums,or they ask, I don't question it.

If they want to cheat on their own land it's their business but if they bring up I'll call it as I see it.

I swear hunting used to be something you made your own rules and did for your self. Now the lawyers, TV and bull crap magazines turn it in to some kind of "team sport". More and more instead of reflecting the person it's bringing everything about the city right in to hunting. Lying greedy back stabbers and cheats.

Stealling tree stands and spiking each other's bait piles, shooting froma double decker bus and what ever else.

Cheaters know it when they are doing it. That's why they feel guilty and need to come here to "get permission" from anybody who will agree with them on some cockemamie "ethics" thread.

Ifya would tell the whole truth whenya show yer mother what you've done then do it. If you've ever stood in front of that mount and felt the need to leave out a few facts or rearrange 'em a little...
Old 07-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TXhighrack
Threads like this are a complete joke. I DO NOT care if you or anybody else approves of my methods, and I hope most hunters feel this way.
There's a lot of BS and jokes around here all right.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txmarshmonkey

JR, it must be terribly difficult to keep balancing on that pedestal!!!
I really hope you don't fall.

I guess you're the type of "hunter" that NEVER alters the natural path of your prey. I mean, the way you talk, you must thinks it's cheating to use rattles, scent lures, grunts, or anything that could make a deer change it's mind.

I guess you think that waterfowlers are cheating when they use decoys and calls too. I'll bet $$$ that when you go fishin', you just use a black barbless hook with no bait, huh? Anything else, would be cheating, right????

I wouldn't try to respond to all your red herring bait there but I can tell you I never felt the need to point at some dufus on a bus shooting deer in a pen over bait and use it to excuse anything I ever did.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jacko,

Can you be more specific about the things that are and aren't ethical? Maybe you could enlighten more of us...........

Quick Reply: A Hunter's Conscience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.