Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A Hunter's Conscience >

A Hunter's Conscience

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Hunter's Conscience

Old 07-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default A Hunter's Conscience

It's what drives them to come here and ask questions about hunting over a pile of corn or shooting deer from a double decker bus. They pay people to pen up a big one in a cage, shoot it and then come to the boards trying to rationalize it.

They are cheating. They know it, we know it. Everyone else know's it. When they are sitting in the living room stareing at a big taxidermy bill and downing another beer trying to feel better about it, they look at that mount and see a big bait pile, a truck or the dollar signs in the guide's eyes as he is screaming "Shoot you green a$$ idiot!"

Just look at the trophy pictures at Hunt101 or Jesse's. How many "trophy" pictures do you see with a the big bait pile they have to thank in front? How many tour bus's in the back round? How many times you think they are dragging that deer away from the fence to "get a better picture"?

They are cheats and liars. They come here asking about it because they are cheats and liars and they know they are. They want the forgiveness of hunters sayin it is OK and a little pat on the back from momma.

If they weren't, the question would never even come up.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:53 PM

Default RE: A Hunter's Conscience

I think in some cases you may be right, however you don't have to have a guilty consience to question the actions of others, do you?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

The part I like is when they try to justify their ways by saying that as long as it is legal it does not have to be ethical.

Some have no shame , fences and baiting have no place in deer hunting.

The differance in deer killing and deer hunting needs pointed out to a few that just don't seem get it.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:27 PM

While I am no fan of hunting over a bait pile I hold many of those thoughts without expressing them because I hunt the edges of many corn fields and I hunt near water and I use attracting scents and calls. Those are all bait. Some natural and some man made.......some food and some sexual........but certainly all are bait.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

What makes you decide that we are cheats and liars. I posted that to see what other people think about that. I dont think it is wrong? tell me how that makes me cheating and a liar??? WE all have our diffent oppinions. What makes you think you can question what other people think?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

"They are cheating. They know it, we know it. Everyone else know's it." That I might say could be one of the most ignorant and perhaps relative statements I've seen in along time.[&o]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:04 PM

Jack Ryan, you sound like a sad, bitter, old man.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Who the hell are you to juge other people??? Just becouse "YOU" dont think it is right, doesnt give you that right, people like you make me sick!

P.S. I dont really think I would hunt like that either, but that does not give me the right to bash someone else because they do.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just cant stand ppl who like to judge ppl like that.. it just pisses me off sooo bad.......
Old 07-10-2005, 06:45 PM

The guys who hunt over bait, or behind a mulit-thousand acre ranch that is high fenced, are NOT the guys who come on here and start threads like this one of the ones in question. The guys who start those type of threads are the guys who dont like those methods and are trying to pick a fight with the other side. There just trying to stir the pot. But the bad thing is when guys who hunt over bait etc. start to try and defend their methods. They then are told that they are"trying to rationalize it" or"They want the forgiveness of hunters sayin it is OK and a little pat on the back from momma". Which is total BS.

Threads like this are a complete joke. I DO NOT care if you or anybody else approves of my methods, and I hope most hunters feel this way.

Quick Reply: A Hunter's Conscience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.