Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What kinda Arrow do I Need? >

What kinda Arrow do I Need?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What kinda Arrow do I Need?

Old 06-27-2005, 03:05 PM

Default What kinda Arrow do I Need?

I shoot A browning Rage At 28in draw 75#draw weight im currently shooting 29in easton xx78superslam 2512 is this ok??

Need Help Quick
Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 PM

Default RE: What kinda Arrow do I Need?

get any carbon arrow at 28".
Try Gold Tips they are pretty good
Old 06-27-2005, 04:43 PM

Bowjackson has an online caculator you could use, or Easton has a program you can download for free. There are also others you can order that cost money, but they are more accurate and do more things.

How old is the bow? what cams does it have? Do you know the IBO or AMO speed rating? What tip weight? These would help in picking the right arrow.

According to eastons program that arrow should work for you. I figured it with a speed cam and it spined all the way up to about 30 inches of draw with a 100 grn tip. If someone has TAP or something they would be able to give a better result.

" get any carbon arrow at 28".
Try Gold Tips they are pretty good"

I think not! I will not debate which carbon arrows are better than others, but you can't just get "any" carbon arrow. If you get carbons make sure they are the correct spine for your set up, especially shooting 75 lbs of draw weight. You might also want to pay attention to the weight so you don't go too light on the arrow.

If you had to choose between cheap carbons and aluminums I would suggest aluminums. The quality control will be better. Decent carbon arrows cost money, but then for what you would pay for Super Slams you might be able to get some good carbons.

Paul

Old 06-27-2005, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: lte_622

get any carbon arrow at 28".
Yikes!!!!!!! Have you seen what a under spined carbon arrow can do to a human hand!!!!!!!

The arrows you have are just fine accordiing to the easton arrow chart.... if you think you want to try out carbons, I would reccommend Blackhawk Vapors in the 5000 series, I have used them for a couple years now, they run around 43.00 a dozen from keystonecountystore.com for just raw shafts...
Old 06-27-2005, 07:49 PM

I downloaded TAP and ran it. With 100 grn tips you are a bit stiff but still good. With 125 grn tips you are about dead on, going towards the weak side, but still in the green.

I don't know the exact bow you have though or what year. There are two models of the rage, and a few different years. They should both be pretty close though.

Paul