Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowBug(game recovery system) >

BowBug(game recovery system)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowBug(game recovery system)

Old 06-20-2005, 01:52 PM

Default BowBug(game recovery system)

have useen this gadget? go tobowbug.com
and let's evaluate...
Old 06-20-2005, 02:08 PM

Default RE: BowBug(game recovery system)

This has been on here two times before. It is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. All it does is promote stupid shots.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:51 PM

Ya there was a big discussion on that before. I think if it worked it would be very useful. I think it depends on the hunter using it. I could see some people taking risky shots because of it, and I can see people who actually know how to hunt being able to use it in a situation where the weather turns bad or lack the of blood is in the equation.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:22 PM

I believe it was the general opinion of the boards that the BowBug would promote unethical shots on animals, thus no one approved.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Its sounds like it was designed to aid in the retrieval of a downed animal, and pretty exspensive to boot.. I could see people buying it and using it in the means in which it was intended.as a back up just incase they could not retrieve a animal due to unforseen circumstances... but I could also see some slimy individuals buying it to do bad deeds with like whack a buck illigally and come back later to retrieve it.. But, believeing that the device would PROMOTE unetcial shots is goofy to say the least. Plain and simple if a person bought it for that use, there ethics were already screwed before they bought it>>>it would'nt be the device's falt, LOL!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

But, believeing that the device would PROMOTE unetcial shots is goofy to say the least.
Wow, what a huge buck. Too bad it won't come in any farther. Oh well, I can just aim a little high and hit anywhere and wait till gun season to track it down and killingit.

Try telling me that won't happem.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:02 PM

I wasn't trying to imply that it would be the devices fault at all, I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

I'll try to explain it this way, I'll show you two situations. Situation one is your average hunter, no BowBug. Situation two is another average Joe, only he dropped $200 on the BowBug before the season.

Situation 1:

"Man, that sure is a nice buck. He's coming this way. Wait, is thata doe behind him? I hope he doesn't notice. Oh no, he saw her. He's turning. He's only 30 yards away, but quartering away from me, and hard. I guess I'll have to let him walk."

The hunter passed on the shot because he knew it would be unethical and may end up with a wounded animal.

Situation 2:

"Man, that sure is a nice buck. He's coming this way. Wait, is that a doe behind him? I hope he doesn't notice. Oh no, he saw her. He's turning. He's only 30 yards away, but quartering away from me, and hard. I think I'll take the shot. Even if I make a bad shot, I've got this new BowBug gadget that'll help me find him."

The second hunter knew the shot was unethical, he knew he might wound the animal, and yet he took the shot anyhow since he had the BowBug.

Now I'm not trying to say that this is how all hunters are going to think, but it may make some hunters second guess a shot that they would have passed up without the BowBug. I don't agree with the device, but if you want to go out and spend $200 on one, by all means, go for it.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 PM

I wouldn't buy it I feel that tracking my game is all part of the hunt, but their is always someone who will have to have it and try it just look at all the lost game post on this forum and every other forums. I am pretty sure this isn't the first time that this device was introduced to bowhunters (don't quote me) but didn't a product like this come out like over 15yrs ago and didn't make it mainstream?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

You give me a 30 yard shot quartering away bow bug or not I,m going to bust his rib cage and exit the front leg or chest. There were the "click "group that thought it wasn,t a good thing but I for one thought it could be a very handy tool to add to ones fanny pack. I,m not going to buy one at that price but if someone did more power to them. I lost a nice buck one year with a 20 yard pass thru shot. The rains came and there was no trail I looked for days. Hmmm that bow bug would of came in real handy.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

My feelings are somewhat mixed on the issue. On one hand I think that anything which helps us more easily track and recover wounded game is a good thing...on the other hand I don't want an electronic device to take away the need for rudimentary tracking knowledge and skills.

Quick Reply: BowBug(game recovery system)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.