Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowBug(game recovery system) >

BowBug(game recovery system)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowBug(game recovery system)

Old 06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BowBug(game recovery system)

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I believe it was the general opinion of the boards that" the BowBug would promote unethical shots" on animals, thus no one approved.
Your own words bro.... you may not have meant it that way, but that is what you typed..

I agree with what your saying in a sense, yes some people will use it all wrong, but on the other hand there are people that will use it strickly as a back-up just incase they loose a blood trail or god forbid it starts to rain.. There are a lot of variables in bowhunting and some that are unforseen, like that small twig ot leaf that you didnt see....

You can hypothisize all you want on what people will and wont do, heck lets take it one step farther, I bet you carry a flashlight with you to the stand on evening hunts or morning hunts before daylight??? Can we blame the flashlight if people use it to light up a deer and put a arrow through it....

I 'll just agree to diaagree with your way of thinking...
Old 06-21-2005, 07:42 AM

Just my personal opinion, but i as a bowhunter get just as much of a thrill out of taking up a blood trail and finding my game as i did the ethical shot i took. I know there are probably times i would have like to have had an extra edge, but i don't think i would use this product. If i get to the point where i feel i need more help, i'll just use my gun.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:54 AM

Who would want to carry that Big A$$ antenna into the woods with them anyhow?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can just see 25 high tech rednecks walking around in the woods with their antennas out - could make for some good laughs
Old 06-21-2005, 12:23 PM

I lost a nice buck one year with a 20 yard pass thru shot. The rains came and there was no trail I looked for days. Hmmm that bow bug would of came in real handy.
That $200 device would have helped you locate your $20 arrow. If you blow through the animal the device will likely be attached to the arrow burried in the dirt behind where you hit it.

I have to agree as much as it disappoints me, IMO the bowbug will be the end cause of hunters makeing unethical choices in the woods. It's human nature to push the limits of what is possible.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:59 PM

Ok, is it just me, or does this thing look like it would just rip off the arrow?

Even if it did mange to stay intact, which I doubt, what if you get a pass through? And for $200, what a joke. But you know their are fools who will buy this.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree with Wa hunter.

wouldn't the thing that you attach to the arrow affect the arrow flight? and possibly aid in the non ethical shots or should i say help cause them?
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM

I'm not sure how many of you actually read anything about the product, but the device is supposed to stay in the animal whether you get a passthrough shot or not. That being the case, it won't matter if you've got a high KE setup or a low one, either way the BowBug stays in the animal. To me it seems it would mess with both the FOC and POI of the arrow.

If you notice the two prongs on the end of the BowBug, these would be what cause it to stick to the animal. It is rubber banded to the arrow so it comes off easy.

It seems that for $200 you're getting more disadvantages than advantages. I'd rather save the $200 and buy something I'll have more confidence in.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good idea, start with some breath mints! [:'(][:'(]
Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I can't see me using the the little "bugger", I have a feeling ifa person is going totake an unethical shot it isn't going to matter whether he is using this gadget or not.

Quick Reply: BowBug(game recovery system)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.