Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fishing or hunting  license ?? >

Fishing or hunting license ??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fishing or hunting license ??

Old 06-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fishing or hunting license ??

I was out shooting a few carp last week with the bow.
I saw a wood chuck on the bank , I thought what the heck and shot it.
I am always up for small game hunting with the bow.
I now have a pissed off chuck on my fish arrow .
I backed farther into the marsh and pulled the chuck in .
I reeled him in and then grabed the arrow and held him under water for 4-5 min..

As I turned around a game Warden was laughing ,he was not sure weather to ask for the fishing or hunting license.
I have both so no biggie.

Johnch
Old 06-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fishing or hunting license ??

Almost hate to say it , but it sounds like the warden might have been thinking to himself "What the hell was this guy thinking"
Old 06-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fishing or hunting license ??

That reminded me of a couple of great uncles that I had who have long since gone. They were both dirt poor and loved to fish. They both would chip in on a fishing lisc. When the game warden would show up, the one uncle with the lisc. would take off running while the other slipped away. Of course the game warden would chase the one who was legal and when he caught him, there was nothing that the game warden would do because he was legal. They kept the game warden busy for many years, It became personal after a while. Those two old men did alot of stuff, but the game warden never did catch them at anything. Thank god my father was the one who taught me how to do it right and not these guys. Just before my one great uncle passed, he took me fishing. I was 11 at the time and did not need a lisc. until I was 12. He purposly took me to the game warden. Of course looking like I was 14-15 at the time the game warden wanted to see my liscense. Old Junior had a heck of a time with that one. I beleive that that was the last time he got to pull one over on the game warden.