Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License >

Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Old 03-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

I was watching Lou Dobbs tonight and saw where he said that some states where considering doubling the price of hunting and fishinglicense to raise income for the state .... which begs the question " would it thenbe cheaper to just not buy a license at all and just pay the fine ifyou were caught without one...tell me your thoughts?

dd
Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

This is a big can of worms your diggin into. There is way to many aspects of it on the revenue side of it for the DNR and personal hunters aspects. However consider this....Fish and gamehas to do their job and their job requires giving you the opertunities to have the hunting and fishing you do and preserving it for the future. Why do you think prices are going up??? Costs today compaired to the past arehigher toget the things done they need to, just the same as the cost of food, cloths, ect... increases. By not buying licenses only hurts the future of what it is youlove so much to do.....

Doubling is kind of extreme but I'm notagainst increasesin licenses. I pay many out of state licenses and am very thankful for the low residence prices that we get. So yes I would buy the license and not because of the fact that I would never hunt without one. WCL
Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

All I can say to the good Doctor is that's quite the concept!How's the "wild man" been?
Old 03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would buy the license but not because I can agree with it. Here we would of had enough money for them had they not been forced to put the money into the general fund. Once in the general fund everyone dips into it. They are now loosing hunters and wonder why, with our deer numbers dropping each year almost and all. The wardens last summer was put on a 50 mile per day curfew by the government because of hig gas prices and no funds. They wanted to shut down a fish hatchery that stocked landlock salmon all over this area and alot of other areas to. That was like wanting to shoot yourself in the foot. Thery decided to let it run one more year. Besides all this stuff going on the fines would be to great to not afford the license..
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

All I can say to the good Doctor is that's quite the concept!How's the "wild man" been?
Jeff Im doing fine ole buddy how about you ...as for the concept I think that the fine would be less expensive then the license in a lot of states ....somewhere THESE phantom taxes have to end ..

dd
Old 03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doing well thanks!You knowwhat thoughDoc? They might start a point system where if you accumulate too many points from being ticketed forfishing/hunting without a license, they send out a bench warrant for your arrest.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

They can triple it as far as I'm concerned...

I bought my Lifetime Hunting & Fishing License in 1983, paid $150...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

They can triple it as far as I'm concerned...

I bought my Lifetime Hunting & Fishing License in 1983, paid $150...
Don't you have to be an old person to be able to do that? Ha, I guess not since you were only born in '55. I was born in '57, can I get one or do I need to have a problem?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope, not in NC, you can even buy them for your kids...I was 28 in '83...
It is cheaper to buy for children and the price has gone up since...
Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nchawkeye

Nope, not in NC, you can even buy them for your kids...I was 28 in '83...
It is cheaper to buy for children and the price has gone up since...
Na, here in Pa it doesn't work like that. And if it did our Fish Comm & Game Comm would really be broke![:@]

Quick Reply: Proposed Price Increase on Hunting and Fishing License

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.