Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Started shooting today... >

Started shooting today...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Started shooting today...

Old 06-08-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Started shooting today...

..........Getting ready for deer season,, went to fleet farm and bought a "the block" replica and started shooting. didn't do too bad for not having picked up my bow since October 2004. I made my own arrows last year and they are still working like champs. Anybody else starting to prepare??
It's starting to drive me crazy that i can't go hunting again until October 1st.

Althought i did buy a video camera and i'm hoping to get out in the woods and just sit and tape some of what i see. scout out the areas....

Oh yeah,, i shoot a Mathews Feathermax
~kat
Old 06-08-2005, 09:45 PM

Default RE: Started shooting today...

Bought a new Switchback on Sat to replace my old PSE and have been shooting it every day so far... Im getting my arrows refletched this weekend as my whisper biskit did a number on them. No worries as my new drop zone wont touch them... Hoping to get out in the woods some in the next couple of weeks to see whats there.
Chris
Old 06-08-2005, 10:03 PM

Ordinarily I would have started shooting by now, but due to the fact that my string snapped I haven't been able to get out there yet this year. I'll be taking my bow in the 20th to have the strings and cables replaced.

I can't wait to get back out there.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:11 PM

am curious to the just started shooting thing I never thought a person should stop shooting i shoot at least 50 min arrows a day unless weather is totally bad three weeks ago shot for nine hours (dount't recomend doing this lol ) you should shoot every day you can believe it or not some day you might not be able too lol ps just bought the wife a bow so some strip shooting is gonna start lol see fellas it is all fun lol
Old 06-08-2005, 10:28 PM

I can't shoot a lot during the offseason unless I go out to our property on the mountain.

It's illegal to shoot in residential areas in Spokane County.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy shooting too, but I'd rather time slowed down a bit. It goes by way to fast for me.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:51 AM

I've been shooting everyday for 3 months now. About 100 arrows a day. 3 of us are getting prepared for a boar hunt in Florida, coming up in less than a month now. We are leaving Maine on July 5th, driving my truck 1500 miles to get there.

I've never shot so much or been this prepared for any hunting season before. But with traveling so far and paying for a hunt, I really want to be ready.

Kev
Old 06-09-2005, 06:26 AM

I hunt throughout the year and can’t afford not to practice regularly at home. We also have a 3D course at our bow club, on a farm, that offers excellent practice for the real thing. On Sundays some of my friends would be there and we enjoy the practice, fire and food together. Semi wild game running around provide extra entertainment. If for some reason you could not make it the previous Sunday be prepared for all kinds of funny remarks and attitude.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting pretty much once a week since about January... I can't shoot where I live, its about a half hour to the club... During the winter, I shot tuesday nights indoors. Now, I pretty much do the 3D course every Sunday. I'm going to start picking up steam and try to get out at least twice a week now, and hopefully more when the season gets close.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yup, I usually shoot every other day year round.

Quick Reply: Started shooting today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.