Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Started shooting today... >

Started shooting today...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Started shooting today...

Old 06-09-2005, 07:34 AM

Default RE: Started shooting today...

It must be nice to be able to shoot every day. I only have a 1/4 acre lot and I think my tree huggin liberal neighbors would call the swat team on me if I pulled out my bow in the back yard. Then I pick up my 14 month old daughter every evening from daycare and the wife is getting her masters degree at night classes. I'm lucky if I can get out once a week although I am always fondling my new Bowtech. Uh, did I say fondling?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea you said fondeling. I here you on the tree hugging liberals. I was shooting in my drive way into my garage and was suddenly surronded by 3 police. One came in from each direction it was kind of funny. They were parked way down the street and on the other block. Since ther are no drug dealers, rapist, thieves, or murders around I guess me shooting my bow was at the top of the crime list. After all the drama i just got a warning for shooting in the city limits.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting aboat 3 times a week. getting ready can't wait
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

It must be nice to be able to shoot every day. I only have a 1/4 acre lot and I think my tree huggin liberal neighbors would call the swat team on me if I pulled out my bow in the back yard.
my neighbor hunts alot and he himself shoots in his backyard. he's a really cool guy.

i would be shooting my new bear but i'm still waiting for my doc to say that my time of nonstrenuos activity is up..... hopefully i'll be shooting by the end of next week.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:38 AM

Been shooting regularly for a little over a month now.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:44 AM

I shoot almost every day I can get about 11 yards in my house one day a week on a walk through course at further distance
Old 06-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a huge flat yard and could shoot every day if I chose. I have a lot of other things I am into though. I shoot to prepare for hunting and for me that doesn't require year round activity. I'll shoot if I am preparing for a season(I shot a lot getting ready for gobblers), or if I have something that needs worked out on my bow. Occasionally I shoot at other times when something trips me off about hunting season.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

I'm usually shooting by now but my bow is in the shop getting a new string and cables. I realized a few years ago that it was the originals which means they are roughly 5 or 6 years old. Figure I should just get them replaced before the unevitable happens in mid season!
Old 06-09-2005, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never really stopped shooting after the season ended. Living in Texas, we have at least a couple of days a week during the winter that are nice enough to get out. This time of the year, I shoot late in the evening to avoid the heat.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:06 PM

Good to hear you not waiting for the last minute. There is still 83 days 2hrs or so till hunting season, well at least in washington.

Quick Reply: Started shooting today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.