Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why did you buy your bow? >

Why did you buy your bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why did you buy your bow?

Old 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Why did you buy your bow?

This is a simple question- Why did you buy the bow that you bought?

I bought a Bowtech Allegiance.

I bought mine for several reasons:

1. I never had anything that was very popular. I would always take the cheaper way out, and pay for it in the long run. I decided that I needed a new bow, and I am not going to take the cheaper way out. I waited for months for the new bows to come out. Finally, Bowtech released the Allegiance.

2. My bow has a short ATA. I like the looks of a short ATA bow. I don't know why, I just do.

3. It is very fast. I like to shoot 3d in the off season. I needed something faster than my 294 IBO PSE bow. The Bowtech Allegiance has an IBO of 322-328. I like the extra speed incase I am off by a few yards. I won't miss by that much.

4. It is also quiet. The first time I shot it I was amazed. I barely heard the bow. I need something quiet so the deer don't jump the string.

5. It carries the Bowtech logo!
Old 06-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why did you buy your bow?

1) Couldn't hit anything with a shotgun.

2) I love the Oneida look. Very simple and clean.

3) Very smooth draw and shot. So much I bought the Black Eagle after about 15 years using my Tomcat.

4) I stand out from all of the handicap bowtech owners.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:34 PM

I shot it at an archery shop and like the little tiny grip, and the arrows went where I was looking. I never thought I'd buy an aluminum risered recurve ......... but I did and love it

Hoyt Gamemaster 45#, 50# and 55# limbs
Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought mine because it is accurate, quiet, fast, and smooth. It's short and makes a good treestand bow. It draws smooth and doesn't give my shoulders any problems and it doesn't have nay noticable hand shock or vibration. I just liked everything about it. I am interested in the e-cams though and I Bowtech comes out with and Allegiance with 7.5 + inches of brace then I am going to have to take a long hard look at it. I like the speed but I would be willing to give it up for the extra brace.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

It was in my price range,
Felt good,
looked good,
Didnt know any better
may have rushed the purchase,
but no regrets, very happy with it

Browning Tornado,
60#-70#
Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm a big fan of the old style Browning risers, plus I like the extra weight they tend to have. Some of the new bows are so light they feel like toys, not bad mind you but I just can't get used to them. I also like a longer ATA bow, they tend to be more stable. I have never had a problem with my Brownings not one.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHY........ because all the cool people were doing it!

VTEC ROCKS!
Old 06-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a Hoyt ZR200 MagnaTec

I decided to buy this one because it was comfortable for me to shoot and I liked the design. What made me decide to get into bowhunting was that I always read this forum and liked the stories. I looked into books about it and such. My friends i met on here, most were in bowhunting. I was always a gun user but after awhile I wanted to more of a challenge and knew that bowhunting would have been more of a challenge. I haven't regretted it since and i plan to bowhunt until my dying day
Old 06-08-2005, 06:27 PM

BeCause
1 It was time for a new bow.
2-Wanted to try the splitlimb system
3-It was lighter than my old Browning
4-I liked the recurve style look
5-The cost, Didn't just buy a Bow bought everthing to bowhunt with, Like starting over!!
6-The most important thing IT FIT ME and felt good in my hand and is comfortible too shoot!!

It Is a Buckmaster 2000
Works so good for me I bought another for my backup and have them setup as twins...
Bill
Old 06-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was the bow that felt the best and sounded the quietest to me that was in my price range that met all my criteria as far as ATA, brace height, speed, draw, etc.
Martin RazorX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.