Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tennessee legalizes crossbows >

Tennessee legalizes crossbows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tennessee legalizes crossbows

Old 05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Tennessee legalizes crossbows

perhaps in 40 years a small remnant of diehards will still be using compounds with 99% of everyone else using crossbows.
Ain't no way!

The neatest thing happened over the weekend. I started shooting 3D again and a buddy who just started shooting archery brought his 3 boys.......ages 14, 10, and 8. All three boys had a great time shooting their compound bows. As a matter of fact the skinny 14 yr. boy is pulling 46 lbs. and didn't do too bad. Looks like he doesn't need to take a crossgun, er crossbow to deer hunt.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:55 AM

I THINK DAISY BB GUNS ARE MORE APPROPRIATE AS A DISABILITY HUNTING TOOL
Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see folks taking deer with bb guns. Now theres a challenge.

I am new to bow hunting and I am getting into it because there are less people in the woods. With the law changing it is sort of going to ruin it for me if it becomes too popular. There is always rifle season for the folks who want to use a higher percentage device such as a crossbow.

I also though see it the way the, artist formerly known as Datamax put it. What makes me so much better utilizing all the technology that is in a compound bow.

I guess someone would have to quantify the jump in efficiency from recurve to compound and then compound to cross. Not sure it would really matter. Either way if the woods become more crowded during bow season it is a downer for me.

Tom
Old 05-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I said it once and I'll say it again. I have nothing against crossbows and crossbow hunters. If it gets them out in the woods, all power to them. My brother in law hunts with a crossbow in Arkansas and I think he is at a disadvantage to me with my compound. I have a lot more maneuverability than he does up in a stand, and if I need a second shot, God forbid, I can reload my compound a lot faster than he can reload his crossbow. Trying to get him to switch over to a compound (gave him and my nephew my old compound). Thing of it is that we both started out with recurves, I consider us to both be archery hunters regardless of our equipment.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mrwhitetailhunter

I THINK DAISY BB GUNS ARE MORE APPROPRIATE AS A DISABILITY HUNTING TOOL
Aaahhh Data, Espresso feral kitty? Is that you stiring the pot?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:39 AM

Put a weapon in someone's hands that is easier to shoot=more tags sold=more money for the manufacturer=more money for each state's DNR. Now everyone is happy
They did it 40 years ago........... its called a compound

Ain't no way!
thats what they said about the compound

statjunk - what bow you shooting starting out ?

adams - ya'll are just too jittery. Not every fawn on the board is me. In fact, very few ere ever me ......... uh, if that makes any sense [:-]
Old 05-24-2005, 11:40 AM

Espresso Feral Cat how do you like that Gamemaster??I have one on layaway that i can't wait to get payed off
Old 05-24-2005, 12:14 PM

newman1 - I've literally bought/sold/trade dozens and dozens of the highest priced to lowest priced longbow and recurves made. I've had Adcocks, Widow's, Morrison, Sley, Hornes, Bear's paw, Shakespere, Bears' ........ i've shot a LOT of bow, many custom bows in the $500-1000 range.

After 3 years ......... I kept my original OL Adcock 3 peice TD longbow and my Hoyt Gamemaster with 3 sets of limbs.

Best shooting recurves FOR ME that I've ever shot.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Hunters are the greatest thing on earth and Im glad many can get back into it with legalization of the crossbow during archery season, but I stand firm,I still dont like it.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

perhaps in 40 years a small remnant of diehards will still be using compounds with 99% of everyone else using crossbows.
Ain't no way!

The neatest thing happened over the weekend. I started shooting 3D again and a buddy who just started shooting archery brought his 3 boys.......ages 14, 10, and 8. All three boys had a great time shooting their compound bows. As a matter of fact the skinny 14 yr. boy is pulling 46 lbs. and didn't do too bad. Looks like he doesn't need to take a crossgun, er crossbow to deer hunt.
I agree. The compound is too efficient a hunting tool for it to ever pass its time. If it dose I hope my shoulder holds out so I can be one of "those diehards", that is unless I graduate to a stick bow before then.

Quick Reply: Tennessee legalizes crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.