Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Peep or Timberline No Peep >

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Old 05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

They are saying that it is much easier to quickly find and line up the peep in low light conditions.With the 4 fiber optics built in,making it much brighter and easier.
I was going to quote this off their site but wasn't sure if we were allowed to
KEY word here is to QUICKLY FIND and LINE UP.Now Im thinking that if you have a good consistent form and your anchor is automatic,what is the difference in drawing back and anchoring in the dark or light.
I do understand that the light gathering optics on the peep will help with the brightness ,especially in low light conditions.But why put yourself through all the agony of trying to get it to line up for you when the time is critical in a treestand and a big buck is standing in front of you,giving you maybe only seconds to respond.
Using the No-Peep will train you to have a consistent anchor,concentrating only on the pins when the time is needed.No looking through a small hole of your peep,and also the consideration of your string twisting at just the wrong time causing you to look through a string on the peep,and adding in low light conditions,not a good combination in my oppinion.Thats why I am sticking with the NP.All I got is the pins on my site to worry about,and the rest is up to me.
Good luck on your decision
Old 05-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

That fineline thing is HUGE , its going to slow your bow a bit .Dont think Id want something that big in my string .
Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

I took my string peep off and put a Hind Sight II on my bow. I like it a lot better than a peep. Last summer I robinhooded 2 arrows.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just recieved the No-peep from my friend in Texas [Ausie-Guy] ,I haven't had time to set it up yet since I'm still hunting Turkey's and don't wish to add something new to my bow until the season's over .But I can't wait to get going with it .The thing i really like about it is that it help's correct form issue's and give's you a consistant anchor point .

Let you know what I think in a couple week's .

nubo
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

In your situation, first bow, i think i'd suggest a $3 true peep like jimmy said. once you've established some form and anchor i'd start playing around with a no-peep.
I respectfully disagree. Being a new shooter he hasn't developed any bad habits yet. IMO a new shooter is the perfect candidate for a no peep. It will force his anchor point to consistent and theoretically should help keep him from getting sloppy with his anchor point.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:34 AM

you're probably right about that mike. i was thinking he was going to be playing around with his anchor so much it may not be worth it. but what you say makes great sense also. i was also thinking about him ending up anchoring to the no-peep instead of the other way around, seeing that he may not get (from his shop owner's response) it set up perfectly.

maybe you could find a fellow no-peeper and have that person help you out. i think that would be the deal. i got my neighbors set up perfectly in just a few minutes. yep, find someone dedicated to them and ask for a little help.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:38 AM
c j
Typical Buck

I have a No-Peep and I love it. It's sensitive enough to let you know if you're torquing your grip and it forces you to have a consistent anchor - much more precise than the string peep, IMO.

As for setting it up, I'd say close your eyes and draw your bow to a comfortable anchor 10 times - an anchor that you feel you'll naturally go to without having to think about it. After you're comfortable with that anchor, adjust the No-Peep to that spot. Sometimes it takes a lot of time at first, but just be patient. You can do it by yourself, but it takes a little longer. Be prepared to draw your bow quite a few times during the process.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

I use a level and a traditional peep. shoot well with it, but have only had the peep on there for about a month. lining up the level slows me down a bit, but it isn't that bad. I figure I am going to give it a try. buying mine off of voz. thanks bud
Old 05-23-2005, 10:00 PM

An experienced shooter going to the no peep sight is going to have some problems as he is going to have to relearn everything he's been taught. A new shooter is a different story, you will be learning to use the no peep without the distraction of what you used to do with a peep.
I use the no peep and love it. It can be more accurate for a new shooter because you will see the effect of hand torque while peep sight shooter won't. Another advantage is you won't feel compelled to squint as you would in a peep sight setup. But by far it's biggest advantage is the extra shooting time you get during the early dawn and late dusk. That's when deer are most active. I've seen peep sight hunters give up while I still have another half hour of shooting light left.
It's a great idea and I encourage you to get one. I set my own up so it can't be all that hard.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Typical Buck

I have had a NoPeep on my bow for the last 3 years and have been very happy with it. the one thing I could never achieve was the accuracy that I desired out of my hunting rig. The NoPeep was certainly good enough for a 20-30 yard shot, but beyond that I found that my accuracy suffered.

This year I have added a specialty archery super peep to my rig. This peep has a 1/4" hole and is just huge (as compared to the 1/16" aperature I use for target). That coupled with the NoPeep has yielded the accuracy that I was looking for.

After hunting with a peep, then with a NoPeep, then with both, I feel that the best way to go is with both.

Quick Reply: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.