Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 String Peep or Timberline No Peep >

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

String Peep or Timberline No Peep

Old 05-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: String Peep or Timberline No Peep

The No-peep is one of the few archery gadgets that I have yet to try though I have set them up for a few folks. I would like to give it a whirl though. The potential for better accuracy in low light conditions coupled with a slightly faster arrow speed and/or KE levels makes the opportunity attractive.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:46 PM
vwp

A no peep user here I have used it now for over 2 years and would never go back to a peep, wearing glasses it really helped and the low light shooting was definately a plus.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been playing with the No-Peep for a while now and I must say I was surprised at how accurate it can be. A very good training tool for one's form also. I will find out this fall how durable it is when I take it to the mountains this fall.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:03 AM

I'd love to get away from a peep, but don't realy like replacing it with something else to look at.

Anyone out there have success with just a kisser button or (gasp) nothing at all but a self-taught consistent anchor?
Old 05-31-2005, 09:36 AM

Do you guys who use the no-peep find that you can still shoot well at longer distances?

I can see how it should really be a no-brainer for 20-30 yard shots. What about stretching that out to 40-50?

I guess the dilemma I have in considering whether to buy one and replace the peep and rubber tube is that I just cannot imagine what using one would be like.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bullkllr
I didn't like the no peep , but loved the hindsight , a great product that teaches form and grip with an in-line view , opposed to the no peep which was hard for me to see , in my peripheral vision .
Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting out to sixty yards with mine. I have a rectangular spot that is about 4 3/4" X 3 1/2" that I shoot at. At sixty yards I don't hit it every time but more often than not I am very very close.