Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

muzzys wont fly

Old 05-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: muzzys wont fly

bigbuck, check the fletching on the arrows that fly well. With my setup, the arrows fly more true when the three feathers are just the opposite of the three blades on the broadhead. When my cock feather is up the Thunderhead blade is down. There is not much of a difference on a close shot, but on shots of 30 to 35 yards it makes a big difference in accuracy. And I'm very, very picky.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:27 AM

I shoot Muzzy 100 gr., four blades with Gold Tips, and haven't had any problems. They fly exactly like my field tips. If you are shooting 3 blade try shooting the 4 blade.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I bought slick tricks and love em. They fly great and acording to people here, they tear holes in things.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:47 PM

MUZZY RULES
Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 PM

Interesting set of comments. Getting ready for Turkey season this yr a buddy of mine had the same problem with his new 3 blade 100 gr Muzzy's. We put my 4 yr old 4 blades on the same arrows and it worked great. I have to say I don't think his bow was tuned as well as it should be but it seemed that the new Muzzy's magnified the problem while the older ones did not. THat makes me wonder if they are having a QC issue too.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bigbuck270, you are not alone. Muzzies have never flown very well for me either. I have always gotten irradic flight from both the 100 and 125 three blade heads.

I could always get thunderheads (even the big 160's), montecs, stingers, innerlocks, and many others to shoot great but Muzzies and I just don't get along.

IMHO, innerlocks are a much better head than Muzzy heads. They're stronger, tolerances are much better, and they fly like darts. Not quite as good as my slick tricks but I have gotten excelent flight from them.

However since you have slick tricks coming in you will quickly find that all other broadheads have just become obsolete.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:05 AM

A friend of mine shoots muszzy 100's. He has to line the blades with his fletching to get them to fly straight. We also had to move the broadheads around to find a combination that wouldn't wobble as much. There were a couple that didn't wobble at all but their were some that wobbled, we moved them to another arrow until we found the lesser evil. I personaly shoot the Gator mechanical broad head and love the way they shoot and cut on game.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot Muzzy 3 and Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain broadheads with Gold Tip 55/75 and they both hit right with my field tips. Must be you setup and not the Muzzies.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:32 PM

I used to use the 3 blade 100 gr heads with good arrow flight but never could get the 4 blade ones to fly good. Started shooting the Slick tricks and they are more accurate then the Muzzys in my opinion of course...
Old 07-11-2005, 04:33 PM

I had the same problem a couple years ago what I found was my blades wernt lined up with my fletchings which was making my arrow fly all funny I turned the inserts so the blades would line up with the vanes and they flew great, also switched my vanes from 4" to 2" seems to help and also gained some speed

Quick Reply: muzzys wont fly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.