Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

muzzys wont fly

Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default muzzys wont fly

I just cannot get Muzzy 100s to fly out of my bow using GT arrows. Has anyone ever had this problem with fixed blades? No matter what I do move the rest or the nock they will not seem to group. I have even tried stiffer arrows (both 55-75 and 75-95 and I only shoot 60#)
I am waiting for my slick tricks to come in and have been thinking about tring the NAP Nitrons or Crossfires but they are a little pricey?

Anyway I just want to see if others have had troubles with Muzzys and success with the others.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Default RE: muzzys wont fly

What I have been saying about muzzys since last hunting season. I stand by my assertion that the quality at muzzy has gotten worse in the last couple of years. Now watch the muzzy groupies rip on me. Just my honest opinion.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

I won't rip you Medic167, but I have been shooting muzzys for years. I have never had a problem with them, but I shoot 130gr. Big difference from the 100gr model. Question Bigbuck270, 3 or 4 blade? How are you lining up your muzzys on the arrow shaft? On my set up I am shooting cock vane out and making the muzzy look like an X. I don't get any wind plane. I am shooting 5" vanes on a 26" 2314 XX75. I have taken a lot of animals with muzzy broadheads. I am very happy with them.
Gselkhunter
Old 04-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never had a problem with Muzzy at all. I've used them for years. They even fly well from my longbow. I have also tried the SLick Tricks and would say that they are probably the most accurate head I've tried. But I have not used them on game yet.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Did you even bother to tune your bow?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:45 PM

I shoot 100 grain muzzys with practice blades all the time, using GT XT Hunters with a 5575 spine. Mine group great and there is virtually no difference between how they shoot and how my field tips perform. I'm shooting mine off a QAD Ultra Rest; don't know if that would make a difference or not.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe tuning isn't as over rated as you thought.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM

you may need to fine tune your bow again. the slightest off tune on your bow will effect your muzzies flight, allthough your field points may look like they are flying straight your bow may still need some tunning. as for slick tricks! what a blood trail.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:54 AM

I can vouch for Bigbuck270 that his bow is tuned very well. They shoot perfect holes in paper at many distances and will also shoot a bare shaft.

I too have been shooting Muzzy 100's, but new out of the box there are 2 out of six that won't spin without a wobble. I think their quality control is dropping.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 PM

Don't know anything about your setup, but I can tell you that I shoot 100 gr. 4 blade muzzies 285 fps and they are lasers. I shoot a well tuned bow, with 4" feathers on a right helical. Ensure you have absolutely, none, not even a little bit of flethcing contact with your rest, and that your bow is tuned perfectly. They will fly true, I promise you that. Too many people have been shoothing them much too long, and that is not because they are junk and won't fly. Believe me, they will.

Quick Reply: muzzys wont fly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.