Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HYPER SHOCK

Old 04-20-2005, 01:34 PM

Default HYPER SHOCK

HAS ANYONE IN HERE SHOT THE HYPERSHOCK MECHANICAL BROAD HEAD IN THE 125 GRAIN YET
Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HYPER SHOCK

http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
Old 04-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

thanks 5 shot but I am looking for someone too who shot them at deer.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll start by saying I haven't--BUT-at the ATA show this year I saw 'pictures' of guys using the Hyper Shock and from what I've seen they do some 'nasty damage'. Great looking injuries!!!

Tomorrow I'll be trying them for the first time--hopefully on a turkey.
I'm impressed with the theory of the ferrule penetrating before the blades expands, once in the game, the blades expands and the work is done.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

I tried the 100gr model last year after also being intrigued by the theory of delayed opening. I took three deer last year using the Hypershocks. The flew just like field points. The practice sleeve enclosed with the package was pretty useless as it came off when I pulled the arrow out of my target on the first practice shot. All three deer I shot were with 70 lbs Bowtech Extreme VFT around 24 yards away. No deer went farther then 30 yards, but all left a small blood trail. None of the arrows passed through the deer. Without a pass through and knowing the small hole they are designed to make at entry, you can see why the blood trail would be sparse. The damage inside the animals were amazing, which is obvious from the large cutting diameter. If you can get a pass through the blood trail would be scary, but in three kills I could not. All in all, the deer will not go father then 40 yards (assuming a good hit), but I would take a compass reading of where you heard the last sound.